X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Taos Off-road Norbert Mondragon - Taos New Mexico

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Geraldine — Taos New Mexico United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Complaint Details This issue started on 7/27/2020 I am being billed 1602.45. $923.36 for parts $540 for labor $128.09 for tax and $20 for miscellaneous charges I have not paid my invoice Norbert at Taos Off road told me that I needed to replace the case on my drive shaft along with the yoke. It took him over 2 months to order the parts and to Begin work on my vehicle. After waiting so long I offered to purchase the parts myself, to which he stated were already ordered I had a family emergency out of state and had to leave for 12 months.

When I returned, inquired about my vehicle and was informed that he installed a new transfer case as well as fixing the drive shaft case, a few other minor things like seals and the u-joints. I hadn't asked him to do anything else to the vehicle. He told me that my boyfriend had gone in and asked him to change out the starter I confronted my bf and he said he was told that I had asked for the starter to be replaced.  He said I would need to pay off most of the balance to take the vehicle. I asked him why it was so expensive to replace the case on the drive shaft and I was told he put a new transfer case along with the starter.

I asked for a detailed printouts of the parts and charges for the labor and immediately noticed a discrepancy in the pricing of the parts and extra labor and services I had not asked for. I've priced the parts at multiple places and have come to the conclusion he is overcharging for parts and extra services I didn't ask for. Ive asked to speak with Norbert about the discrepancies I see And he hasn't returned a phone call, or texted, or even emailed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2021 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/taos-offroad-norbert/new-mexico-rip-priced-1513556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair