X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: ROY — ventura CA United States
  • TAX GROUP 800-285-2093 Calabassas?, CA United States

TAX GROUP 800-285-2093 Possibly the same as tax group center in Calabassas CA based on complaints that I see on this site BLATANTLY FALSE MISREPRESENTATION Calabassas? CA

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I am retired IRS (30 yrs) and now a tax consultant helping folks with tax problems.  A client sent me a copy of a letter received annotated as a "DISTRAINT ORDER" that indicated that this warrant "serves the same function as a court judgment" and that "levying procedures will begin within 15 days of receipt", and to either full pay or call 800-285-2093 "to avoid action".

I called this number and "GRADY' answered the line, "Tax Group".  I asked that he identify the company and he hung up.  I called a second time and grady answered and told me that "I don't have to tell you anything" and hung up on me once again.

(NOTE:  The IRS CANNOT levy within 15 days of this distraint order letter unless other procedural requirements have previously been met by the IRS, such as the mailing of the LT-11 or L1058 letters, and then, only after 30 days have expired, can a levy be sent.  And the mailing of these letters is not public information so there is no way that the company mailing this would be aware of this action.  So this letter is complete BS!)

Listen up folks.  If you call a company claiming to provide tax assstance, and they refuse to identify who the company is; who the principals are; where there office is located; and who the parties are who will actually be representing you via the IRS Power of Attorney form, RUN FOR THE HILLS!  I have seen far too many of these blatantly false and misleading letters mailed out to my clients attempting to scare folks to these unscrupulous companies, whose main focus is to get you to pay them large sums up front, and then typically do a very crappy job of representing the taxpayers interests!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2020 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/tax-group/calabassas-ca-possibly-same-i-1494316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair