X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: FrustratedConsumer409 — United States
  • Verizon United States

Verizon Will not honor pricing that customer service agent promised

I reached out to Verizon due to needing to split my service from current family plan due to a divorce in the family. The representative assured me there were two options for continuing to pay off my device:

1. I could port out my number to any other carrier but leave the device on the account, they account owner would then keep the device and the device payments would remain the same - the promotional price of $10 a month for the next 20 months.

2. I could open a separate account with Verizon in my own name and move the device and line to that account. In this case also, device payments would remain at the promotional price of $10 a month for the next 20 months.

When I went back to process the transfer, the agent I talked to told me they could not honor the options I had been given. Whether I left the device on the original account, or if I moved it to a new Verizon account in my name, they would charge either myself or the original account owner a lump sump price higher than what I had under the promotional pricing. (approx $360 is what he told me).

Although the rep could see the notes where the previous rep had assured me that the payments would remain at $10 a month, he would not honor this agreement and gave me no options to move my phone number off the plan due to the divorce situation without paying a fee - even if I just moved the line to a separate verizon account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2019 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/verizon/honor-pricing-customer-agent-1484570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content