X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: 3 Techs, Incorporated - San Diego California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Solana Beach California
  • 3 Techs, Incorporated 7668 Clairemont Mesa Blvd San Diego, California U.S.A.

3 Techs, Inc, 3 Techs, Incorporated Did not honor service agreement, ripped me off $125 Ripoff San Diego California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I own a Pioneer Plasma Display PDP-5040HD System, purchased in Nov 2004 without an extended warranty. The media receiver unit, PDP -504PU, died. I called 3 Techs, Inc in late Nov 2006 and informed them I had a faulty media receiver unit. They informed me in order to do a diagnosis on the receiver, they would need the plasma monitor. They offered in-house service and implied the $125 service fee would go towards to a $300 maximum charge if the media receiver needed repair. An appointment was made for Dec 18, 2006. The repair technician arrived. After 5 minutes of diagnostics, he declared it was the media receiver and indicated such on the service ticket. He also said 3 Techs, Inc, would be able to repair or exchange the media receiver and 3 Techs, Inc, would be in further contact with me.

After repeated phone calls to 3 Techs, Inc inquiring on the status of the repair, I was eventually informed there was nothing more they could do and I would have to ship the media receiver unit to Pioneer myself for diagnostics. In effect, 3 Techs, Inc, reneged on their service agreement. I believe 3 Techs, Inc, strung me along until the check written for the repair service cleared. They never had any intent to repair the media receiver unit. A request for a refund was refused and the service ticket closed by 3 Techs, Inc on Dec 27, 2006.

Michael
Solana Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/3-techs-incorporated/san-diego-california-92111/3-techs-inc-3-techs-incorporated-did-not-honor-service-agreement-ripped-me-off-125-ri-227540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair