X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AAA Auger - Austin Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: leander Texas
  • AAA Auger 821 Taulbee Lane Austin, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 512-451-4461
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

AAA Auger ripoff Overcharged For less than 1 hour of time, they charged me $287.50 Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Over charge

I called, water leak. The first question I asked was no extra charge for the weekends, right? No charge for the Service call, all this in there ad in the phone book. For less than 1 hour of time, they charged me $287.50. Now that I have a hole in my wall where they cut the sheetrock and have had several Contractors thru to give me estimates on the repair to the wall. They have been astonished at the price I had to pay the plumber. I never knew plumbers made $300.00 an hour.

Debbie
leander, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2004 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aaa-auger/austin-texas-78757/aaa-auger-ripoff-overcharged-for-less-than-1-hour-of-time-they-charged-me-28750-austin-77420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Over charge

AUTHOR: D L - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 27, 2006
I do not know the details with regards to the work performed for this customer. I do know that there are many things that customers do not take into consideration.

(1) It costs 24/7/365 service companies about $65.00 average to get a plumber from point a to point b.
(2) Every licensed plumber must re-register their license with the state of Texas at a fee from $25.00 up to $300.00 or more annually.
(3) Plumbing companies must register annually with each municipality they do work in and most at an annual charge, some as much as $150.00 per year.
(4) When making repairs inside a customer's home, there is an extreme liability. Whether from catching the home on fire as a result of using the torch to make joints in copper, or becoming victim of water damage as a result from a weak joint. The repairs from the above damages can be enormous.
(5) We stock our vans with a considerable amount of inventory. We send on average, an investment of over $35,000.00 to each customer's home with a licensed and competant operator. There are many costs associated with maintaing the equipment, the purchase of the proper hand tools, and the maintenance of all equipment.

When we give an upfront charge to a customer, we base the charge taking into consideration the average time needed to do the job and the liabilities thereof. Our technicians have varying levels of experience and can complete some jobs quicker than others. The funny thing is that when these similar jobs take 5 hours and our upfront charges are authorized for $300.00, we never have complaints.

Upfront charges are given so that a customer has no surprises to the cost of the job.

Specific to this complaint, it is possible the job did not warrant the $300.00 charge and perhaps a discount of some sort should have been issued. Again, I do not know the details of the job but do know that those charges to repair a leak in the wall do not seem outlandish considering the expense and the liability thereto.

I would have expected our Business Manager to have covered these points if the customer had complained. If the Business Manager at the time failed to communicate these points that are extremely valid and reasonable, then I could only be disheartened and hope this customer contacts me for further explanation.

David Cross
214 718-5834

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair