X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AAFES - Dallas Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Beaufort South Carolina
  • AAFES 3911 S. Walton Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

AAFES ripoff honest hard working Marines while fighting for the United States Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: I am outraged how you have been treated.

My husband and I have both served in the United States Marine Corps proudly. While my husband was away in combat-AAFES was slowly but surely ruining our good credit!!!!! My family takes great pride in paying our bills on time and we work hard for everything that we have.

The day that my husband left for Iraq, he was notified early in the morning that he would be leaving later that night. He barely had time to pack his belongings and say goodbye to me and our 6 month old daughter.

During the entire time that he was gone I never recieved a bill, nor a late statement, nothing from this company. My name was not on the account, because it originated before we were married and I had no need to be on it. I had no way of paying the bill or inqiuring on the account. I frankly believe that a credit card company should be required to send a bill to the customer, but apparently this company does not feel that way and their main concern is ripping off the military members who keep them in business.

When my husband returned from Iraq, he went into an AAFES service center to make a payment and within a couple of months the bill was paid in full. We never thought anything else until recently when we applied for a loan for a house, and his credit score was greatly affected by the so called "late payments."

My husband called customer service and it was promised that the late charges would be removed upon receipt of the orders showing that my husband was indeed involved in combat operations in Iraq. Now AAFES will not remove the late payments off from his credit report and cannot promise they ever will. They are now saying that they should have been notified prior to going to Iraq, like that was the first thing that my husband thought of when he heard the news!!!!

I would like to say thank you to all of the organizations that support our troops, and hope this comes as a warning to all potential customers or those who already deal with AAFES or the Star Credit Card, to look at your credit report. And to those who served anywhere oversea's, watch out because AAFES will get you. They will rip off you off and they are such cowards they will not even tell you about it until you check your credit score.

Amanda
Beaufort, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aafes/dallas-texas-75236/aafes-ripoff-honest-hard-working-marines-while-fighting-for-the-united-states-dallas-texas-92007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I am outraged how you have been treated.

AUTHOR: Russ - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 18, 2004
Amanda,

My father served 26 years in the Army, and I always respected AAFES services. But, as in any large organiztion, there are going to be lapses. Still, that is pretty ridiculous. I was looking on their website and they say
"AAFES is in business to serve Soldiers, Airmen and their families around the world." This seems to be a pretty clear violation of their mission.

Anyway, I would contact your Congressman, Joe Wilson. He even serves on the House Armed Services Committee which oversees AAFES. A phone call from his office should whip AAFES into shape pretty darn quick.

I pasted his contact information below. Just be prepared to give them copies of any paperwork you have. Good luck!

District Offices: