X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Aamco Transmissions - Florence South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Sumter South Carolina
  • Aamco Transmissions 1734 S Irby St Florence, South Carolina U.S.A.

Aamco Transmissions repairs (auto) Florence South Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: What kind of repairs did you have done

I had my car repair at AAMco Transmissions in the begin of the year. I went to pick up my car from them. As soon as I drove from the shop my car start smoking. I thought maybe its because it has been driven in weeks and put new oil in the car. But, my car wouldn't start. So, I had tow back to repair shop. I talk to the manager to find out why would my car just break down again in few minutes. He just gave me the run around and try to blame for the problem. He told me that motor is going and cost me another 1800 to have it fix. I ask could he do for free or give something off the repair since he told me my car was ready. I was told no.

Latasha
Sumter, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmissions/florence-south-carolina-29154/aamco-transmissions-repairs-auto-florence-south-carolina-433443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What kind of repairs did you have done

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 12, 2009
how bad was it smoking when you pulled out of the repair facility a car may smoke a little from spilled oil or fluids on the engine but if smoke was pouring out you should have stopped right there turned around and took it back . Not take it home and bring it back the next day. The reason why is once you take it off the site they can say that you did something to it unless u bring it back immediately. Do they have some kind of warranty for the service they provide. if they dont then your outta luck. Also if you had transmission service and the engine was the issue two totally seperate issues and they are not obligated to replace anything. did you hear knocking in the engine when you drove it off, If you did they may have forgotten to tighten the drain plug on you oil pan and that is there fault however since you had it towed to them they can give you the run around since they wont admit it. This happened to me once here is what i did for future reference. If you see smoke or hear knocking after an oil change or maybe even a few weeks after. have it towed to an independent garage. If the drain plug is the prblem do not have them fix it right away have them give you a print out of the issue. call the place that did your oil change. give them the reason why your car was towed then tell them you want them to tow it back to them for free and fixed for free. IF they wont. tell them you have the Oil change paperwork and the drainplug issue paperwork and you will see them in court. Thats how i got my engine replaced. i took gemini goodyear to small claims court and had all my paperwork. they tried to argue that i tampered with the drain plug but the judge took one look at the work orders and said you owe him a new engine. now since you took it back to them you may not have much options but use that for future reference.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair