X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AAMCO - Roseville California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Sacramento California
  • AAMCO 801 Riverside Avenue, Suite W Roseville, California U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
They had my vehicle for a total of 19 days and they still did not fix the shifting problem. After several attempts to get AAMCO to fix the problem I used an online service to access Technical Service Bulletins which are normally available to auto dealer.

It was there that I found an article complete with diagrams that detailed the exact symptoms and solution to the shifting problem. It also identified a vacuum module as being the culprit. I faxed this information to the second AAMCO shop [after the first was unable/willing to fix] and discovered that they actually had the same online subscription just like the first AAMCO shop, and access to the SAME information. The second shop told me they did the simple diagnostics per the TSB I had faxed them and that that was not the problem and there was no repairs necessary.

When I [last] picked the vehicle up, I checked under the hood, reconnected the vacuum module, and took this idiot mechanic for a ride, showing him that the shifting problem was NEVER fixed. I know he had a copy of the repair information I had faxed him since the fax was sitting on the front passengers seat when I arrived that morning. For all this hassle they wanted to charge me full price for rebuilding my transmission - AND probably never did, since I NEVER received the old parts back even though I had requested them no less than 3 times prior.

When I finally did get my car back, I did the diagnostic checks myself. It took me less than 5 minutes to find the problem. I even had to do the repairs myself because they failed to diagnose/repair. Instead, they simply left the wiring harness to the vacuum module disconnected and said that the problem was fixed. They did this TWICE! -- Lied to me about checking the vacuum control module.

I had to finally get the California Bureau of Automotive Repair involved to stop him from charging my credit card for the rebuild. I only authorized the $100 for the change of fluid, pan gasket, and filter. Which, as far as I [and the California B.A.R.] could tell is the ONLY thing they ACTUALLY did for my transmission.

A full year later the Owner of the first AAMCO shop filed suit against me in small claims court for the "full" amount of the transmission rebuild, which I did not receive. I received this suit just days after my "rebuilt transmission" failed completely and had to be rebuilt for the first time! It was also discovered at this time that the transmission drain plug had been stripped - also by the same incompetent mechanics.

AAMCO should change their name to NIGHTMARE!

Clif
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2003 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco/roseville-california-95678/aamco-transmissions-aamco-should-change-their-name-to-nightmare-roseville-california-68163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

justice not justuzz

AUTHOR: TRANZMN - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, October 16, 2003
Cliff~~~~~huuuurahhh~~~knowledge goez further than a lie agaain~~~~~i like when i see the truth finaly git someone~~~There are too many (kim) guyz out there. ~~~~now all ya gotta do izz collect~~~~pleeeeze let me know if i can help with some advise~~~~~~~~(THE TRANZMN)

Victory in Small Claims Court Today!

AUTHOR: C. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, October 16, 2003
The following is an excerpt from Rick Fong's Bureau of Automotive Repair Report that was subpoenaed to the California Small Claims Court and was [in part] read in open court by the presiding Judge before he entered a Judgment for the Defendant Cliff.

01-22-03
Bureau representative Paul Wood and I [Rick Fong] visited the AAMCO dealer located on Franklin Blvd. This is the location were Rose took his vehicle after his transmission was allegedly rebuilt at the AAMCO Transmission dealer located on Arden Way. I discussed Rose's complaint with the General Manager James Kay and the Customer Service Manager Jude Smithson. Both Kay and Smithson recalled the events and stated they tried to help Rose and thought the problem was attributed to the wiring control harness. They replaced the harness at no charge but could not fix the problem. Kay stated that it was difficult working on Rose's vehicle due to the lack of information or repair manuals for an 86 Chevrolet Sprint. Kay admitted not being able to fix the problem and is aware that Rose fixed the vehicle himself by replacing the transmission vacuum control switch. Kay stated he believes the AAMCO Transmission dealer on Arden Way miss-diagnosed the vehicle and erred in rebuilding the transmission for the erratic shifting problem.

01-23-03
James Kay the general manager of the AAMCO Transmission located on Franklin Blvd believes the AAMCO transmission dealer at Arden way misdiagnosed Mr. Rose's vehicle. On the answers provided by Bennie Lamosko who diagnosed and recommend rebuilding the transmission were inconsistent and unsubstantiated. He could not qualify his reasoning for the transmission rebuild. Kichang Kim owner of the Arden way location was also inconsistent with his answers to questions. Kim admitted that he is not technically savvy with transmissions. He said he just owns the business and lets the technicians be the experts. I recommend that Kichang Kim refund Rose $1650.00

I was not able to confirm Rose's allegation that the transmission was not rebuilt. With all the problems Rose had encountered Kim was not willing to refund any money back to Rose. Kim stated Rose's transmission was operating properly when it left his facility, and that Rose is trying to extort a free repair by filing a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair.

When I [Rich Fong] was there, Mr. Kim was very argumentative about principle. I asked him: On principle do you charge people for something you didn't do Do you just take their money and not give them anything in return? He really couldn't answer that question - he [Kim] was just very argumentative at this time.

--Rick Fong Department of Consumer Affairs,
California Bureau of Automotive Repair

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

POSTED: Wednesday, October 08, 2003
Ask for the old parts from the shop that did this last rebuild and I mean even the old seals metal clad and lip seals on them is numbers and the numbers can be used to tell if they are factory or made for a rebiuld kit. They will try to claim that the part number are the same has the factory but there not.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

shiftless and dizhonest

AUTHOR: TRANZMN - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, October 05, 2003
Cliff~~~~~u did the right thing~~~~in court they will want that info and your documentation from (bar) and your to show what really happened~~~~~there are ways to tell the trans was not built the first time~~~~~or that the diagnosis was incorrect/ also by the law ~~~If requesed~~~at the time of repair ~~~your parts are to be returned to you~~~~now if they are from your trans?? only a builder or the builder can tell you the truth.Not the owner.if they know the truth??? Most just change parts but don't know why. The drainplug being stripped leaked the fluid out but may not of caused the failure if it was always kept full. AS PER AAMCO PROCEDURE!!!! all dianostics are first~~~If the person doing it understands why the results are important and what to do about it. In this case a check engine light should of been on before and after they were done. And the problem never went away as you said. This sounds like more of a repair to the weeks bottom line for the shop than a repair to your vehicle. Good thing you are in california`~~~~~You have a way to solve this with the information on your side~~~~I would be happy to provide you with more info to help~~~~THE TRANZMN

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair