X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Academy Bank - Colorado Springs Colorado

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Colorado Springs Colorado
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Academy Bank 3201 E. Platte Av Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-712-2265

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Academy bank does many shifty things I just thought people should know about. Here are a few that they have actually done to me:
1. They take money out of the account before crediting deposits, even if the withdrawal and deposit are made on the same day. I deposited money one day in the morning and then turned around went into Wal-Mart and used my debit card to make purchases after making the deposit, a couple days later I noticed they bounced the purchases even though the money was in the account. Then when I called them I was informed they can process the deposits and credits in whatever order they like, and told basically to buzz off.

2. They post date withdrawals, for example if you write a check on the 5th and then go into the bank on the 8th to see if it has come in yet they will tell you no it hasn't, and then the next day (the 9th) they take the money out of the account and post date the withdrawal back to a day when the money wasn't in the account (the 6th) so that they can charge a bounce fee. When this happened, I know they hadn't gotten the check on the 6th because I talked to the person who I gave the check to and she hadn't even taken it to her bank until the afternoon of the 7th. I was told by Academy's customer service it didn't matter what day the check was actually deposited because the date I wrote on the top said the 5th.

3. And the final straw, is they steal from children. I opened a child's savings account for my 10 year old daughter which was attached to my checking account and was told it didn't require a minimum balance and was part of my account. Then one day I logged online and her account and the little bit of money that was in it was gone. I called to ask what was going on and was told because she hadn't made a deposit or withdrawal in the last year they labeled it as dormant and kept the money because they have the right to keep up to $10 out of a dormant account. I was never sent a notice saying the account was dormant or at risk of being closed or anything. They just took her money and told us tough luck, she should have used the account more.

Brenda
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/academy-bank/colorado-springs-colorado-80910/academy-bank-steals-from-children-colorado-springs-colorado-349676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#3 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Sunday, August 03, 2008

I have been a customer of Academy Bank for 3 years now. I've never had any issues with them AT ALL! I have all of my accounts through them. They've always taken care of me. Yes, occassionally, you get a "bad apple" customer service representative when you call their 1-800 number. But come on, now-a-days... who doesn't have a few bad reps in their call centers?

There have been times when they went above and beyond to help me out. All the years I've taken my business to them, I've overdrawn my account once. It was because a car dealership cashed a down payment check before the contract was signed and the terms were laid out. I hadn't transferred money into that account yet, because it wasn't supposed to be cashed. Academy Bank was most understanding, they didn't charge me an overdraft fee. There have been discrepencies with other companies taking money without my consent, and their fraud team was always quick, accurate, and the process has been about as pleasant as it can be!

My son (3 years old) has a savings account there as well. And they have never "stolen" from him!!! The things that you are speaking of are unfounded. That's sad that you blast them out there like they have unethical business practices. They are a great company and I intend on keeping all of my accounts with them. I have dealt with bad banks in the past and Academy Bank is definitely not one of them. It's been refreshing to have a company give a crap about their customers.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair