X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Acceptance Insurance, River City Insurance Agency - Memphis Tennessee

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Memphis TN
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Acceptance Insurance, River City Insurance Agency 5830 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 27 Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Acceptance Insurance, William Noel Burgess River City Insurance Agency ripoff Nashville and Memphis Tennessee

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

When I purchased my vehicle in April 2002, I purchased insurance with Acceptance Insurance (William Burgess, Underwriter). I was quoted a monthly fee of $167 by Mr. Burgess. However, when I received my first statement, it was for $206! I called the main office in Nashville, and they didn't have a clue what happened. I called Mr. Burgess and he told me to go ahead and pay the $167, and he'd get the bill straightened out. Well, the following week I received a bill for the difference of $167 ($39).

I called Nashville again, and asked them had Mr. Burgess called to straighten the bill out with them, and they said he had not done so. I explained my the situation to the customer service rep. I was told to call back later in the week so that Mr. Burgess could be contacted. Well, later in the week after I called back, I was told by same customer service rep (rather nastily) that they in fact have an application with my signature on it with a quoted price: $192 per month. Okay, now I smell a rat! I would never have purchased car insurance at that price!

I made call to Mr. Burgess again, and he stated he quoted me a monthly fee of $178 not $167; and he doesn't know where the $192 came from. Seems to me that there is dishonesty and deceptive practices with this company. Fortunately for me, I let the insurance cancel, because they were not going deceptively get $200 from me. Consumers Beware!

Yolanda
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2002 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acceptance-insurance-river-city-insurance-agency/memphis-tennessee-38115/acceptance-insurance-william-noel-burgess-river-city-insurance-agency-ripoff-nashville-an-23555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair