X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ace Auto Grill - Savage Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Newnan Georgia
  • Ace Auto Grill 14000 Zinran Ave. Savage, Minnesota U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This formal complaint is regarding goods purchased from Ace Auto Grill (www.aceautogrill.com) through PayPal and the product that was subsequently received was significantly not as described by the seller, David Van-Cao.

The seller's company website (www.aceautogrill.com) homepage states, "Quality and low cost chrome grills for your car, truck, and SUV". It further uses the terms, "chrome grill", "chrome grill slats", "chrome grill inserts", and makes the claim "We only offer high quality products with exceptional value." Further, the various customer testimonials posted on the website use the words, "custom grill", "chrome custom truck grill", "chrome grill inserts", and "truck chrome grill".

What I actually received was neither a "chrome grill" nor chrome grill "slats" nor chrome grill "inserts" nor a quality product realistically valued anywhere near what I paid for. All I received was a few lengths of 1/4" silver plastic molding wadded up in a tight roll. This stuff sells for 50-cent per foot at the local auto parts store. What a ripoff!

I have attempted direct resolution with the seller asking for return instructions by emails on 4/3/06 and 4/11/06, as well as by letter mailed on 4/11/06. So far I have not received the courtesy of a reply.

This unethical seller does his shoddy business of bilking unsuspecting customers with a misrepresented product of inferior value by grossly misadvertising on his website, playing semantical games, and presenting misleading photos and suspect testimonials. He will respond erroneously to email inquiries about the product prior to sale, and will not respond to the reasonable product satisfaction concerns of the customer after the sale is made.

Beware and do not do business with Ace Auto Grill (www.aceautogrill.com) or David Van-Cao.

Ray
Newnan, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2006 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ace-auto-grill/savage-minnesota-55378/ace-auto-grill-david-van-cao-ripoff-savage-minnesota-187320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Satisfactory Resolution

POSTED: Thursday, August 06, 2009
To update my previous posting. I received a PayPal email that said my grill shipped and gave the USPS tracking number. I responded by saying I wrote cancelling the order way before it was shipped and that I wanted a refund. I then received a PayPal email that said the shipment had been cancelled and a refund was issued. All this happened within 10 minutes.

Satisfactory Resolution

POSTED: Thursday, August 06, 2009

I reread the descriptions

POSTED: Monday, August 03, 2009
I didn't see the Ripoff Report and ordered a "grill." Having now read the report, I see exactly how the "product" shipped can be completely different from the expected product. Very clever play on words. I didn't get a confirmation of the order so I'm in the process of cancelling the order and disputing it with PayPal.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair