X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Afni verizon - Bloomington Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: monroeville Pennsylvania
  • Afni verizon 404 Brock Dr Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Afni Don't fall for this ripoff Bloomington Illinois

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I received a bill in October 2006 stating that I owed Afni a collection agency for Verizon phone company, over $400 back in 2000.

I called Verizon who stated that they didn't have the records to verify whether I owed this money. I stated to them that I could not have owed this money because I had the same phone number up until July 2005 and haven't had my phone disconnected nor services interrupted. Verizon told me that there wasn't anything that they could do.

With that in mind, I wrote a letter to Afni and stated to them that I did not owe the money because I have been paying my bills and have not had a turn off notice nor disruption of services. Afni sent me copies of the bills, in which Verizon stated that they could not produce. I explained to them that I paid my bills over 7 years ago because I kept the same service until July 2005 without any interruption of services from Verizon.

Since I don't keep my check for over 4 years, and Verizon could not produce any records for me, and I was told by Verizon that any balance owed would be applied to my new bill over a period of 6 months, how can this collection agency demand $400 from me and place me in the credit bureau?

Sendenthomas
monroeville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/afni-verizon/bloomington-illinois-61702/afni-dont-fall-for-this-ripoff-bloomington-illinois-297302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair