X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AFNI - Bloomington Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Chuckey Tennessee
  • AFNI 404 Brock Drive Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI ripoff Bloomington Illinois

AFNI Collection Agency bullies customers even if they don't owe.

I was minding my own buinsess when a received a letter from afni saying that I owed a cable company from 6 years ago. I called AFNI. After spending thirty minutes on hold, I finally got in touch with a jerk who treated mu like a 5 year old. 'John' more or less made it clear that without a doubt I owed this money, and that I was simply too stupid to remember it. 'John' at first stated that a supervisor wasn't available, but one magically showed up when I raised hell!

The supervisor was much nicer, then offered to make me only pay half of what he thought I owed. As I don't owe anything, I declined.

In summation, the cable company now admits that it made a mistake. However, AFNI refuses to admit it and refuses to offer me an apology. Moreover, it seems real convienant that it takes forever to get through. I suspect that is part of the scam; even if you don't owe, they figure most people will just pay to avoid the hassle, i.e., staying on the phone forever and being treated like crap. Where I'm from, we call this stealing.

Rob
Chuckey, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2006 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/afni/bloomington-illinois-37641/afni-ripoff-bloomington-illinois-181622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content