X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Allen M. Hornblum - Philadelphia Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Glen Mills Pennsylvania
  • Allen M. Hornblum Temple University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Allen M. Hornblum wrote a book and put my dead Fathers name in it without any family members permission Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: What is the ripoff?

This guy Allen . Hornblum wrote a book about a bunch of guys from Philadelphia that used to get into trouble my Dad being one of them.

a year or two ago a article comes out in the city paper with a few of the guys who are in the book on the cover my Dad being one of them . I come to find out hes written a book so I go get the book and in the index there it is my dads name si .

I feel since my dad isnt around for ten years now who gave this guy the permission to use his name not me or any of my siblings. I dont know the whole legal matter behind this but there should be some kind of compensation to the character in your books family.

John
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2006 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allen-m-hornblum/philadelphia-pennsylvania/allen-m-hornblum-wrote-a-book-and-put-my-dead-fathers-name-in-it-without-any-family-membe-227456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

What is the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Is it because you aren't being paid for something you had nothing to do with?

As long as what is written is not false to the point of libel, there is nothing you can do. People write books all the time. Most "biographies" are considered "unauthorized". That means the person being written about is getting no compensation, and has offered nothing to the book.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair