X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Allstate Motor Club - South Barrington Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Island Grove Florida
  • Allstate Motor Club 51 W. Higgens Rd. South Barrington, Illinois U.S.A.

Allstate Motor Club ripoff, can't deliver when needed, can't get a tow driver to work with them, won't pay South Barrington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Allstate doesn't own tow trucks.

My car stalled out on the highway. I walked 9 miles to get back home, called Allstate Motor club. It was a Sunday, in the country, Allstate called every tow company in a 20 mile radius. They couldn't get anyone to come out and get my car. They called a company 3 miles away, but that company had already been burned by Allstate and wouldn't come out unless I coughed up $300 cash.

To add insult to injury, Allstate sent me renewal papers and wants another $84. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME...

Michael
Island Grove, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2006 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allstate-motor-club/south-barrington-illinois-60010-9350/allstate-motor-club-ripoff-cant-deliver-when-needed-cant-get-a-tow-driver-to-work-with-204784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Allstate doesn't own tow trucks.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 06, 2006
They depend on private companies to work for them, they are just middle-men, and that's why customers get mad. If they can't find a contractor it's simply because the tow companies won't work for free. You could carry a copy of the yellow pages in your trunk and do the same as the so-called auto clubs do, which is to call a tow company.

Most tow companies won't sign on as a regular contractor because unscrupulous auto clubs rip us off, period. They'll promise you that I'll tow your car for $20, but they'll want me to connive the rest of the money from you. If they do pay the bill, it takes months and lots of time on the phone fighting for what they owe me. Not all are like that, or in all locales, but that's my experience with a few of them.

I'd recommend you put the business-card of a local company in your glove box, and just call them if you're in trouble. That $84 you paid them maybe could have bought you a fuel filter so you wouldn't have stalled in the first place.