Report: #1345287

Complaint Review: Amazon

  • Submitted: Fri, December 23, 2016
  • Updated: Fri, December 23, 2016
  • Reported By: Bob — California USA
  • Amazon

    USA Amazon disabled my account after I bought $100 of giftcards Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Options available to you in California

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Amazon disabled my account after I bought $100 of giftcards. They stole $100 from me. Calling them they said there is nothing they can do.

Do not buy giftcards from them. They can disable your account any time they want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2016 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Suggestion

Options available to you in California

AUTHOR: Xanthor - (USA)

I noticed you are from California. Heck, I am shocked the complaints number over 591 and not a thing mentioned about them. If you have used a credit card, and the charge is under 60 business days old, contact your bank immidiately and file for a charge back. In the state of California, gift cards may only be stopped if the owner has reported them stolen. Other than that, they are not allowed to be stopped, not allowed to expire, not allowed to charge depreciation fees. If you are past the 60 days, the next quickest option is using small claims court. The fee to file is around $45, and depending on the judge you have, depends on whether or not they will allow you to include the $45 in the price of what you are suing for. If the gift card is $100, you file in small claims for $145, even though the form tells you not to. Something else that is helpful where you might not even have to go this far.

But before I mention this, also know that in California small claims, no one is allowed to be represented by an attorney. This means that if you do file the lawsuit, will not be allowed to use any of their big wig attrorneys, or anyone registered with the BAR for that matter. I don't know why your account got blocked, but the fact they disabled your gift card you have a lot of laws in CA protecting you. Now, the last bit of advice. You can download the legal forms straight from the courts website. The form is marked as SC-100. What I do is fill them out on my PC, then email a copy to customer service. Most of them are trained to see legal documents and send them quite fast to the proper people and have gotten responces in less than 24 hours. I do this to let them know I have reached my limit with them and fully intend to take them to small claims. They know quite well most of the time they have broken the law and that a judge will most likely rule against them. Once they see this they most likely will contact you an fix the issue without even having to go to court. Calling them and saying your going to sue them won't do a thing. 99.9% of the people who say they will sue don't, they just say it in anger and never follow up. The fact you took the time to fill out the easy legal paper for small claims and send it to them, they now know your seriouse and again most of the time will fix the issue. I hope this helps.

Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.