X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: American Eagle Van Lines, and Ameri Van Lines - Pembroke Park Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Durham NC
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • American Eagle Van Lines, and Ameri Van Lines 3969 Pembroke Road, Pembroke Park, FL, 33021 Pembroke Park, Florida U.S.A.

American Eagle Van Lines, Ameri Van Lines, Simch Buch (owner)are fraudulent ripoff scams. Inflated billing, & possessions held hostage. Pembroke Park, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to complaint by customer.

*Consumer Comment: Oh Please, moving company always wants to blame the consumers

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My wife and I are moving from Redlands, CA to Durham, NC. Went to AAAmovers.com website were we were linked to numerous moving companies. Got a great, low quote from Ameri Van Lines, in FL.

On 6/17/02,pickup day, American EAGLE Van Lines (different company, apparently "subcontracted out" - which initially we didn't fully realize) shows up, has us sign "estimates" for $935 for 240 cubic ft of space. They try to get us to sign for additional fees like moving up stairs and long carrying distance which we refused.

At end of move, when all is in the truck, the movers added figures to the estimate which had already been signed by myself!! They tripled the charge from $935 to $2700 final charges. They said our goods took up 440 cubic ft, 200 cubic ft over the reservation/estimate which they themselves helped out with over the telephone.

We demanded to see packing job. There was significant empty space above stack of boxes. Complained to movers but they said they couldn't stack the boxes any higher as it would jeporidize the boxes beneath. This is a lie, as we were told packing would be "from floor to ceiling".

Walking from the truck the movers locked the truck door. We demanded to speak to supervisor. Movers got very upset. Threating to charge us $300 every hour we spent on the phone fighting with management.

Finally, after speaking with management and getting NOWHERE with Simcha Buch, one of the owners/VP, the movers start yelling, threatening, demanding payment. I refused. They took off with our possessions demanding cash payment at delivery for full amount. Called the local police who declared it a "civil case" and therefore unable to assist. Spoke with Ameri Van Lines who subcontracted out the job to American Eagle Van Lines. "Jay", the VP was also unhelpful. Both companies not taking responsibility for estimating cost/charges.

Delivery date is set for 6/27/02, but I'd be surprised to see them show based on what I've read from others' experiences with this company and others like it.

Brad
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2002 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-eagle-van-lines-and-ameri-van-lines/pembroke-park-florida-33021/american-eagle-van-lines-ameri-van-lines-simch-buch-ownerare-fraudulent-ripoff-scams-23296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Oh Please, moving company always wants to blame the consumers

AUTHOR: saira - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Give me a break. The moving company always wants to blame the consumers. Just read through the hundreds of other rip off reports on moving companies (ESPECIALLY ones based in FL-where many of the blacklisted companies originate..hmmm), and you will see that they have a good SCAM going.

It does not matter what the original estimate is, movers have NO INTENTION of sticking with it. When I was scammed, my original estimate went from 1500 to over 4,000. This included AN ITEMIZED LIST of what was to be moved, and guess what? I actually REMOVED half of the big items on the list because of time constraints, so they ended up trying to charge 3 times as much money for less than half of what they agreed to move.

If you want a sure fire way to protect yourself from moving scams, MOVE YOURSELF! I will never ever hire anyone to move my things, and have told everyone else I know to do the same.

Don't let these guys win, write to the DOT, your attorney general, the attorney general of FL (he IS aware of these companies), police department, and visit www.movingadvocateteam.com for more advice on getting your belongings back.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to complaint by customer.

AUTHOR: SAM - ()

POSTED: Monday, June 24, 2002

This E-mail is in response to the complaint posted in your web site. I would like to address all the issues.

1. Mr. Oetmen Bradley had booked his job to be transported on June 17, 2002 with Ameri Van Lines. The job was contracted to our company American Eagle Van Lines, Inc. due to "resonable dispatch" section as stated in AMSA Tarrif No. N- 400. Which states that when a carrier cannot get to the customer on the date requested by the customer, the carrier may sub-contract the job to a connecting carrier. The estimate that was given to Mr. oetman by Ameri Van Lines was for 240 cu.ft. in the price of $935.00.

When our company's foremen arrived to Mr. Oetmen's residence, he advised him that the load is larger then in the original estimate.

Mr. Oetmen refused to pay any additional charges. Mr. Oetmen then called our office and demanded to speak to Lorain (The sales representative form Ameri Van Lines) When our manager Ms. Brooks advised him that there was no employee by that name, Mr. Oetmen told her about the problems with his move.

Ms. Brooks advised him that we will be happy to weigh the truck after the pick up (we had the weight prior to the pick up) but he declined. After many attempts to resolve this issue, Mr. Oetmen had been transffred to me. I had tried to resolve this matter with him by offering to weigh the truck and to even give him a discounted rate for the additional pounds. He refused and insisted on paying only the estimated line haul price.

I then advised him that the estimate given to him is a non-binding estimate based on space reservation, and any additionl weight/space is leagaly charged as full Tariff price. When I realized that Mr. Oetmen will not release the drivers that were due to pick up another customer, I offered him to pay the labor charges, and to have my drivers unload the goods back to his house.

Mr. Oetmen refused to pay, and refused to my offers. When I had no other choice but to have my drivers leave and his items were placed in storage under "movers lean" section.

I had tried to contact him in a later time to see if he had made a decision, but he replied that "within one hour you will be hearing from my lawyer". A few days later a men identifing himself as "the lawyer representing Mr. Oetmen" called our office and demanded to talk to Lorain, When he was told that there is nobody working in our company by that name, he yelled at our sales reps and hung up.

after many calls, the men was transffered to Ms. Brooks our manager, she then advised him that Lorain works at Ameri Van Lines and has no contact with our company. he was very rude and demanded to know where is the storage located. Ms. Brooks requested that he would first fax a confirmation stating that he is representing Mr. Oetmen as required by law, he declined and started to yell.

Ms. brooks advised him that it is against the law to pose as a lawyer and request information and that she could not provide him with the information unless he will fax her a document stating that he is a lawyer and his license no. The men got upset and said that he is a lawyer representing Mr. Oetmen and daughter-in-law, and he is located in North Carolina.

Ms. Brooks advised him that he will still have to provide that written confirmation. The man got even more upset and started to use foul languge, at that point she hung up the phone. Mr. Oetmen had not contacted our company since then. At this point Mr. Oetmen's belongings are on there way to the destination address and had been weighed, in intent to comply will Federal Regulations.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sam Buch

Vise President.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair