X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: American Home Shield - Carroll Iowa

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Diamondhead Mississippi
  • American Home Shield Carroll, Iowa U.S.A.

American Home Shield serious delay in response/resulting secondary damage/13 SEER compatibility Carroll Iowa

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
American Home Shield's finally sent out a serviceman 10 days after I initiated complaints about our attic air conditioner pan leaking on our ceilings.

You can imagine the stains after ten days yet secondary damage such as this is not covered as per the fine print - even with a 10 day delay in reponse etc. Customer no service.

The serviceman states our 8 SEER a/coil is rusted thru and needs to be replaced and upgraded to the current 13 SEER. This required replacement, in turn, necessitates that two other major parts be upgraded to 13 SEER as well, according to the serviceman.

AHS called to schedule a second opinion appointment. My husband, a doctor, took an afternoon off to wait for this company. No show or call. No surprise.

When AHS called to schedule this second opinion appointment, the customer no service representative said if the replacement is supported by them he would need to have a conversation with me about policy limitations for the a/coil piece. I inquired about the incompatible SEER ratings if the other two parts are not upgraded as well and he said compatible SEER ratings are not necessary. This is interesting to me in that my fine print clearly states AHS will not cover HVAC systems with incompatible SEER rated pieces....

My drama is far from over obviously. I am fighting for a replacement piece, ceiling sheetrock and painting and the SEER compatible pieces. I felt compelled to warn everyone and anyone against buying AHS home warranties. There are plenty of local companies which offer similar packages for those who are repair retarded like my husband and I are versus dealing with these Iowa eggheads.

Carol
Diamondhead, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2006 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/carroll-iowa/american-home-shield-serious-delay-in-responseresulting-secondary-damage13-seer-compatib-204609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair