X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: American Income Life Insurance - Raleigh North Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Raleigh North Carolina
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • American Income Life Insurance 5710 SIX FORKS RD 2ND FLOOR Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was laid off from my job at the end of July. I feverishly searched for jobs online and posted my resume on Hotjobs.com as well as a few other sites. In September, I received a phone call at about 7:00 pm from someone who said "I am a recruiter and saw your resume on Hotjobs.com. I would like to meet with you to discuss job opportunities." I assumed that this was a recruiting agency who was interested in discussing positions in law since that is what my background is.

In any event, I scheduled an interview and arrived for it at 3:00 pm. Much to my dismay, there were about 50 people there and the place was utter chaos. My instincts told me that I should leave but I figured that I had already made the effort to show up. I was given a personality test to fill out and instructed to go into a conference room with the rest of the cattle call.

I looked around and saw people of all ages and all walks of life. I am wondering "What on Earth am I interviewing for??" I have never in my life seen such a set up. About 30 minutes later, a man came in and introduced himself as the State Director. He was extremely difficult to understand as English is not his first language. He launches into his spiel about how he was a physician, specifically a radiologist, who was interested in a career change some years ago and tried his hand in the insurance field through American Income Life. He also proceeded to talk about the insane amount of money that he made right away with what sounded like little or no effort. He said that the company provides you with leads so you will never have to prospect or cold call.

He talked about how this company has an EXCLUSIVE business relationship with all labor unions to provide them with insurance. This immediately sent up red flags. I used to do work on behalf of Union Labor Life Insurance and knew that they are a huge provider for the unions. The rest of the 2 hour presentation talked about the huge amounts of money that everyone allegedly makes there. I have never heard of such a thing but I definitely sensed it was a MLM scheme since the guys on the top of the ladder siphon off the brunt of the profits.

Then it got kooky. I wanted to go home at this point but did not want to be rude and walk out during the presentation (although a few other wise people did). He wrapped up the session and said he was going to conduct one on one interviews. If you "passed" the personality inventory, you would be sponsored to take the state licensing exams (You must pay for that yourself). I was trying to slip out once the meeting broke but he wanted to interview me first. Again, I did not want to be rude. Remember how he was a physician?? His door nameplate said his name followed by Ph.D. If you are a doctor, wouldn't you put MD????

He scored my personality inventory and, of course, I was perfect for the job although I have absolutely zero experience in the insurance field. At this point, I had no intention of following through with this but was going to sit through the rest of the "interview." This is the part that makes me particularly ill. After he gave me the form that listed the company as the sponsor for the insurance exams, he looked at me and said "you are a very beautiful woman." I have NEVER in my entire life had someone say something like that during an interview! I was apalled. I can't imagine what the females who work in that office go through.

I know I have rambled here but this company is BOGUS and unprofessional. They don't give a d**n about insurance or the people they sell this crap too. I came home that day and did research and you would not believe the number of postings that literally mimic mine and the others listed here. It is a tough economy and this company is preying on people who are unemployed and feeling undervalued. I would flip burgers at McDonald's before I would work for such a shameless, fraudulent organization. Steer clear of these people.

Jenn
Raleigh, North Carolina

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on American Income Life Insurance

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-income-life-insurance/raleigh-north-carolina-27609/american-income-life-insurance-bogus-recruiting-procedures-raleigh-north-carolinarip-off-r-69119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair