X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: American Values/WellNet - Las Vegas Nevada

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Antonio TX
  • American Values/WellNet 2753 South Highland Ave. #1004 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

I was charged by American Values/Wellnet for something I did not know about. About 4 months ago, my daughter and her boyfriend (who lives with us) asked if they could use my credit/debit card to order one of those Ab-Force electronic exercisers from the TV ad. I said it was okay, but I sat close by and listened to the conversation as it was ordered.

My daughter's boyfriend ordered the Ab-Force product in his name using my card. I guess American Values/WellNet got our number from them and called him offering him discounts on prescriptions, gas, vacations, magazines, etc.

He said he agreed to a "free 14 day trial" of the "membership", but understood them to say that he would receive an information packet in the mail.

He also got a call from a discount vacation telemarketer named Leisuretivity with the same offer, and he said that he told them to send him the information.

I knew nothing of these calls until I looked up my bank account online on May 1st. I saw charges that I didn't recognize. I asked my husband if he had used our card for something, he said he hadn't.

By May 2nd, there were charges of $70 from American Values/WellNet, and $45 from Leisuretivity. There were also $150 in overdraft charges because we only had about $5 in the bank at the time.

There were phone numbers beside the charges on my online banking report so I started calling. Leisuretivity told me that it was my daughter's boyfriend that agreed to their "membership", but after I explained what happened, that he didn't know what he was doing, they agreed to refund my money no problem, but not the overdraft charges.

American Values/WellNet is a different story. I called them the same day, May 2nd, and read the charges off to them, all of the charges from both companies. They said they would cancel, and would refund my money but it would take a billing cycle.

By May 5th, I got back online and looked at my account, there were more charges from American Values/WellNet. I called them, and they said that I cancelled only the WellNet account not the American Values account. When you call these people, you get an on hold speil about American Values, they never mention WellNet, so I was led to believe that I was calling American Values.

I had told them to cancel everything in my daughter's boyfriend's name, and called off all of the charges from both companies, but they still insisted that I didn't cancel. All in all, there were over $400 in charges and overdrafts to my account. Leisuretivity has refunded the charges, and my daughter's boyfriend has paid me for the overdraft, but I have yet to see anything from American Values/WellNet.

They did send me a generic form with no mention of the company name, and only a P.O. Box in Las Vegas. The form says I have to send them my bank statement, they don't mention that I could send a copy, and they will consider refunding my money.

The questions are, do I really want to send my bank statement to a P.O. Box in Las Vegas, when I have their physical address??
And why can't they just refund my money electronically like Leisuretivity did???

This company is full of extremely rude telemarketers, and anyone who gets a call from them should be aware that a lot of other companies have your billing information. I have cancelled my card, but cannot close my account until these charges are cleared up.

Teresa
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2002 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-valueswellnet/las-vegas-nevada-89145/american-values-wellnet-unauthorized-charges-ripped-off-and-scammed-las-vegas-nevada-20672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
10Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Well I am the one from Waxahachie and they found another way to get out of this.

AUTHOR: Dale - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 02, 2004
I finally received all my checks for the full amounts and guess what? THEY FRICKING BOUNCED. A total of $471.00. Needless to say another over draft of our account. I am currently seeking legal advice in this matter. These people have screwed with the wrong person here. These SOB'S are going down. My wife works at the bank and now her job is in jeopardy. If she loses her job then the fight is on. You boy's better bring some big gloves with steel in them for this fight. That is if you DUMB !@#'s can even read this. Hide behind your customer service in ASIA won't you. You chicken @&**'s wont even face the public. You guy's are cowards.

Inform the Nevada Legislation, Told them about this website

AUTHOR: Dale - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, February 18, 2004
I have personally taken a grudge on all these companies. Wellnet, Washball, Utalk, AM Values. I have written emails to all of the state senators from the Las Vegas Districts on these scam companies.

Told them about this website and all the things these companies have done. Told them that these companies have already been thrown out of other states. If we can get other people to email the Nevada Senators then there are good chances that they will be shut down. Voice your opinions and shout out about these slamming
#!@*%&rd's.

If you call the customer service reps tetll them to put in notes that you have contacted the senators and US Attorney Generals office and the Nevada Att. Gen and even file a police report for theft and wire fraud with your local police department.

Let's get the ball rolling and shut these people down. They sit on our money and collect the interest for as long as they can. Lets turn up the heat and put the fire under their BUTT'S.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Checking accounts, refund

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 17, 2004
I have recently had an issue with american values/wellnet america/utalk. I spoke with 3 different customer service reps and each one had a different amount that was charged to my account, they never kenw the exact amount of the charge. Most good banks will investigate the charges and followup with the company on the grounds that you did not fully understand the terms of the program. Once the account was closed with one company it does not close the others, you must call to have these canceled. I do not expect to get the refund from the company. I am having the bank take care of the issue and they should be able to reslove the issue. Advice: Close the acount and open a new one.

wellnet america-18002059969

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Checking accounts, refund

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 17, 2004

wellnet america-18002059969

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

withdrawals were made from my checking

AUTHOR: Catherine - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, January 30, 2004
I had done what they suggested and called to cancel, little was I informed but more than one cancellation number should have been given to me. One month later 3 withdrawals were made from my checking for a total of$328.65.

When I called to inquire about this I was then given 3 other cancellation numbers and have been told that it would be sent to the corporate office and I should receive a check in 10-14 business days.

I called back 5 days later to ask if it could be electronically put back as my mortgage was due. I was told that she would write the corporate office of my need.I told"christy" I would call back the following day.

When I called back today I was told that "christy" had not left any note stating that she followed through and that a request for a refund had been sent to the office as per their protocol.

I would like this taken care of today not in 10-14 business days.If they could take it out they can put it back.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Fight them with the LAW!

AUTHOR: Rosanna - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, December 04, 2002
I received a call from American Values back in Februray of 2002. When I started asking questions that I normally ask all telemarketers, they hung up on me.

I just received a second call from them but this time used the 'honey' approach. I acted interested and threw in my questions here and there. I got some information that will be helpful when I file my small claims case.

There is a law, called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, along with FCC regulations, both are 47 USC 227, and 47 CFR 64.1200 respectively. This law protects the consumer from telemarketing calls and gives them a private right of action to sue in small claims court for violations.

There could be many violations in one phone call, i.e. they called before 8am local time, or they do not have a "Do Not Call List", or they refuse to put you on the Do Not Call List. It is our legal right to stop telemarketers from calling us after we have made our request. Fight them! You can actually print out a form from the internet with the questions to ask any future telemarketer.

If we all use up the telemarketers' time, then they will have less time to call others. And you can teach them a lesson in economics by suing them and winning! Take back your phone. Take back your privacy.

POSTED: Friday, August 30, 2002
I am being harrassed by telemarketers including WellNet America after ordering a Sewing Genie after seeing an infomercial on TV. The name of the company is www.directlytoyou.com. I never recieved the Sewing Genie and when I contacted the Better Business Bureau they responded that my credit card was denied. It was not a credit card it was a Visa Debit card and my bank has no record that any attempt was made to charge my account for the Sewing Genie.

Since then I have been inundated with telemarketing calls and I have told every one of them do not send me anything, I am not interested. I know that the place I ordered the Sewing Genie from was responsible because these telemarketers always refer to it and the fact that I used a Visa card. I have now had 2 unautorized charges to my account.

I have turned the company in to the Better Business Bureau and even though these liars told the B.B.B. that they have taken our name off of their calling list, I am still being harrassed every day by numerous telemarketers who got my information from As Seen On Tv Beware of these companies or you will find yourself being bombarded with telemarketing calls and fraudulent charges on your credit/debit card accounts. And it seems there is no way to stop them!!

These telemarketers are the rudest people I have ever dealt with in my life. They are very hostile when I tell them I am not interested they demand to know why. Can you believe that? I have had them practically call me a liar when I tell them I have already had enough bogus charges to my account thanks to the company they got my info from.

I had one woman last week actually hang up on me when I asked her to repeat the name of the company she was calling from. Do they really think people want to do business with companies who employ such hateful people? But I guess it doesn't matter to them because they already have your account number and can charge whatever they like to your account and it is a nightmare trying to get the charges removed, or trying to get them to stop calling you.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The parent company of this scam is Blitz Media

AUTHOR: lucy - ()

POSTED: Monday, May 13, 2002
The parent company of this scam is Blitz Media.....last year they ran a scam called Paridise Discount Directory which is the same scam just a different name.

The people last year had bought Tap Lights and other various products from informercials and were then billed 96.00
Investigates Reputation Repair