X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Americredit - Forthworth Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: boise Idaho
  • Americredit 801 Cherry St Forthworth, Texas U.S.A.

Americredit unorganized,money hungry,backstabbing,uncaring,not helpfull,out to rip off customers for its own benefit Forthworth Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Americredit is known for filing false reports on your credit report

*Consumer Comment: in response to the rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Co-signing is dangerous

My husband co-signed for a car loan, was never sent anything about the loan even though Americredit always had his updated info. When we went to get a loan for a house we found out the car had late payments. so we called americredit up to see what was going on and what we could do about it we were willing to pay the $2000.00 that we thought was needed to bring everything up to date.

However we found out the car had already been repossed and sold for way under the amount the car was worth, so there was still a balance of $11,000.00. we tried to get all the info about the account sent to us so we could make an informed desision on what to do next.

After repeated calls, and letters to Americredit nothing was ever sent to us. In the mean time they sent the account to a attorney who never once contacted us. I, Richards wife tried to find out info from americredit thru the attorney but he would not speek with me since i was not on the account and ignored all my husbands attempts to speek wiht him, untill we decided we would pay $7000.00 for a car that was not ours and if we would have been notified we would have only had to pay 1500.00 when payments we beginning to be late.

so americredit agreed on 7000.00 would settle our account. we paid this. now we are trying to buy another house and our cedit shows a negitive past due account from americredit for $6200.00. everything should have been taken care of and i have been trying to contact americredit and the attorney in this case and can not get anyone to return my calls.

If you ask me, the way americredit dose business should be against the law. not only dose it ruin credit, but it also ruins the economy.
thanks for your attention in this matter,
sincerely,
A responsible couple who like to pay thier bills on time and take care of any responsibilities we may have.

Suzette
boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2006 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/americredit/forthworth-texas-76102/americredit-unorganizedmoneyhungrybackstabbinguncaringnot-helpfullout-to-rip-off-cu-202326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Americredit is known for filing false reports on your credit report

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 06, 2006
Hey Suzette,

Read your comments and we had similiar problems with americredit. They sent in the whole amount for the loan of the car and this was after it was sold at an auction. We kept rebuking the amount and sent in info to the BBB, Attorney General, etc. The credit bureaus will put whatever someone sends in. Finally, we got an attorney to take care of it. IT costs a little, but is worth it since noone will do anything about how Americredit is constantly sending in false information on people. They operate as loansharks, and are allowed to break the law and call it legal, since their board is made up of attorneys, they know all the loopholes.

There are laws against reporting false info to the credit bureaus, but Americredit just sits back and thinks noone will do anything to them for these vindicitve acts of theirs. It happens too many times, to too many people, not to be done purposely.

Just dont ever call and deal with Amy Quinn, because she has so many titles, she is confused on what her job is. She will definitely make a mess out of your account and play the innocent act.

I made the mistake by using them, and that is a mistake that will last me a lifetime. BUt as long as you learn from your mistakes, and stay away from that type of company, you wont have the problems again.

Ignore some of these people who make sarcastic remarks when you are reporting something that happened to you. I have been called an unfit mother and alot of other things because of my reports about a company that I know for a fact to be true.

We found several mistakes on our credit report, so it sure does pay to check them often.

in response to the rebuttal

AUTHOR: Suzette - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, July 23, 2006
I AM AWARE OF THE DANGERS OF COSIGNING. AND TUST ME THE AMERICREDIT MADE WAY OVER THE AMOUNT OWED FOR THE CAR. WHAT I AM UPSET WITH IS NOT ONLY THE WAY THE SITUATION WAS HANDLE BY AMERICREDIT FROM THE BEGINNING BUT, LAWYERS GOT INVOLVED, OURS AND ONE HIRED BY AMERICREDIT. A SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WAS MADE FOR $7000.00 WHICH WE PAID. NOW I FOUND OUT SOME HOW WE STILL OWED $150.00 AFTER THE SETTLEMENT AND NOTHING WAS SENT TO US ABOUT THE AMOUNT OWED. WE ASSUMED SINCE WE SETTLE THE ACCOUNT THE ACCOUNT WOULD BE CLOSED BUT IT WASN'T AND THAT 150 HAD A COMPOUND DAILY INTRESST FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND NEVER WERE WE NOTIFIED OF ANY AMOUNT STILL BEING OWED AND NOW OUR CREDIT SAYS WE OWE 6200.00 ON AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS AGREED TO BE SETTLED. AND WE CAN'T GET ANYONE TO TELL US WHY THE ACCOUNT WASN'T CLOSED OR WHAT THE 150.00 WAS FOR. AND AS FAR AS THE ACCOUNT WITH AMERICREDET WE ONLY OWE $150.00 BUT THEY ARE REPORTING $6200.00 TO THE CREDITORS. THE ONLY WAY I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE COMPOUNDED INTREST IS A LADY WITH AMERICREDIT SUGGESTED THAT MIGHT BE WHY OUR CREDIT SHOWS THAT BUT SHE WAS NOT SURE. AND THATS WHY I AM UPSET.

Co-signing is dangerous

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, July 22, 2006
I rarely hear a positive exerience from a co-signer. There is a reason the lender wants a co-signer, and it is because the borrower is most likely to default.

It will be almost impossible to clear the credit blip on your hubbie's report. By co-signing, he took the risk.

Lastly, having researched a bit about reposessed cars by finance companies, and by reading their corporate income statements, repo'ing a vehicle is almost a guaranteed loss. You may think the late fees, interest, etc is ridiculous and profitable, but even with these high fees for default, lenders lose money. They would much rather work out a deal, than have to dump a used car off at wholesale rates, if they are lucky.

Being an uninformed co-signer is why your husband fell into this mess. If one really thinks they want to co-sign, they should be diligent in making sure every payment is made on time. It is not the lender's responsibility to go out of their way to warn a co-signer of problems. It is your responsibility to verify the note is getting paid, and you should know of a default before it happens, not find out later.

It is a rude, and very expensive lesson, but do not blame the creditor----they got ripped off too.