X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ameridebt - Germantown Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Elmira New York
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Ameridebt 12850 Middlebrook Road,Suite 400 Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been with Ameridebt since 9/16/02,I was promised that a slot was held for me to get a loan to help pay off my creditors after I made 6 on-time payments to them.I had a couple of times that I was late with payment and had to start over with the 6 on-time payments.

On 8/14/03,I sent in my payment of $663.00(this included a $49.00 fee for paperwork) by Western Union Quick collect(this was $12.95 charge each month). This was my 6th on-time payment. I then went to the website that they gave me to file for my loan.I was never credited for my payment until 4 days later, which made the payment not on time.I called Ameridebt to ask why it was late after my creditors started calling me asking me where their money was.

I sent Ameridebt a copy of my receipt from Western Union and was told that the loan company was notified of the mistake. This never happened as I was never allowed to get the loan.

I have since then changed credit counseling and am very happy with my new choice. Ameridebt should be put out of business permantly. The day after I sent an e-mail to Ameridebt cancelling my account with them they called and wanted to know why I cancelled. When I told them, they wanted to know what compaqny I went to. I told them I didn't want to say. They tried real hard to talk me out of changing companies. Sorry, but I woke up. Burn me once, but not twice.

Ellamae
Elmira, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2004 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ameridebt/germantown-maryland-20874/ameridebt-ripoff-late-filing-of-payment-germantown-maryland-91386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

If In Financial Trouble Why A Loan?

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, May 15, 2004

I was just wondering why would you accept a loan to pay off debt when loans are just as bad as credit card debt? The whole point, in my opinion, of a debt solution company is to get you out of debt not to create more? Wouldn't you agree. Although if they did offer it to you they should have made good on their promise. Your intentions are good but a bit misguided.

Ameridebt In Trouble In Florida

AUTHOR: Karyn - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, May 15, 2004

Check out the Florida Attorney General's Office site in the Consumer Protection area. Ameridebt is under investigation right now in the state of Florida.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair