X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ameriquest Mortgage - Carol Stream Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: marengo Illinois
  • Ameriquest Mortgage ameriquest.com Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Ameriquest Mortgage RIPOFF would not refinance unless i signed off my house Carol Stream Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My husband and i were going through hard times, we had gotten behind on some bills and were going to refinance our house.Ameriquest said they can help us they would pay off our vehicle and a few other things and we would save $600.00 a month.

They sent out an appraiser a few days later who appraised our house at 307,000 and just 2 months earlier our house appraised for 275,000. the closing was set a couple days later at my husbands job, it was at the closing they told me i had to sign a quit claim deed to take my name off the property because i had filed a bankruptcy prior to this.

I did not want to sign off the house but i did it against my better judgement. The interest rate tubrned out to be 10 percent instead of the 9 percent they told us it would be our payment went from 1600.00 to 2500.00. Needless to say we are now in the process of losing our home because we cannot afford the payments. ameriquest prays on people with financial trouble. could that be the reason they made me sign off on my house to make it easier to take??

I have also contacted ameriquest to get my appraisal back in february, still havent recieved it. They did give me the name and phone # of the appraiser the phone number was disconnected and i cannot find anything on the name of the appraisal co.

Sandy
marengo, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2005 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ameriquest-mortgage/carol-stream-illinois-60197/ameriquest-mortgage-ripoff-would-not-refinance-unless-i-signed-off-my-house-carol-stream-i-156305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair