X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: joyce — Aberdeen ms United States
  • amory marine 1402 highland dr amory, ms United States

amory marine over charged and didnt do work right amory ms

On or around the 27th day of June I took my “Roll Tide” pontoon boat with Mercury 150 to Amory Marine. I ask that they finish the installation of my ignition switch which had been started by my late brother. A work order was filled out saying “replace ignition switch”. On the 3rd day of July Amory Marine called saying it was ready and I owed $799.xx. A couple hours later they said it was $500. The market rate in my area is $100 going up to $250 in other areas to install a ignition switch on boat. On top of that it didn’t work. It wouldn’t crank and the whole thing turned.
I took it back on the 9th day of July 2018 which was first day opened after the holiday and it turned out the choke on the new ignition switch wasn’t working and it had to be adjusted. I ask mechanic how he cranked it before and he said starting fluid. Using starting fluid to crank it eliminated the need for the choke to work. He also said he was surprised when boat cranked right up. I informed them about whole ignition turning and mechanic said it was my fault from turning it too hard.
I sent a email demanding a refund of $350 for being over charged and switch not being installed right. They responded saying installation was $100 but cranking it was the rest. Work order only said install. I now have to still pay someone to fix the switch.
I feel that they should have contacted me if the charge was going to be out of the normal range instead of blind siding me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2018 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amory-marine/amory-ms-38821/amory-marine-over-charged-and-didnt-do-work-right-amory-ms-1452430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content