X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Arcane Fantasies - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Poway California
  • Arcane Fantasies ArcaneFantasies.com Internet U.S.A.

Arcane Fantasies I had the same situation Internet

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
The exact thing happened to me as it did for Sonia. I wish I had seen her report before I made my purchase.

On 10/7/2008, I ordered a Halloween costume and needed it the week before Halloween. When I placed the order, I was a little concerned when I went to enter my charge information that the site certificate had expired. I should have taken this as a warning but I had never had a problem purchasing on the internet before so I proceeded. I finished the transaction and received a confimation e-mail including a tracking number in which to track the shipping of my purchase, exactly like Sonia. The website stated that it could be 7-10 days before my item would ship. If I needed it sooner, I was to email them.

On 10/14/2008, when the item had stilll not shipped after 7 days I tried to email, but my email was immediately returned to me as "undeliverable". It was at this time that I did more research and found this Rip-Off report. Everything was exactly as Sonia had written: I tried every e-mail address on the website and all the phone numbers, with no luck. I even got the pager number with the same person as Sonia. I did not leave a message as I assumed it would be futile.

I called my credit card company and they saw the charge but it had not yet "posted" and I could do nothing until it did. I tried the email several more times on the following days to no avail. It still had not posted to my credit card.

On 10/24/2008, as a last attempt at contact, I printed all my emails and wrote a letter to the company to please cancel my order and that if they are out of business, they should state that on the website. I sent it certified mail with a return receipt required but have not gotten it back. I did this so I had evidence for my CC company that I did everything I could. (I bought the costume locally and unfortunately for more money.)

I am pleased to say that I went to the website today, 11/8/2008, and saw this: "Arcane Fantasies OUT OF BUSINESS No orders will be shipped or processed -- We apologize for any inconvenience Please do not call customer service, as your credit card has not/will not be charged."

I like to think it is because of the letter I sent :-). I am sorry for the trouble they caused Sonia, but I am glad of the report I came across so I could do all I could not to be Ripped Off by this company. Thank you!

Robyn
Poway, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arcane-fantasies/internet/arcane-fantasies-i-had-the-same-situation-internet-389232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair