X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ASSET ACCEPTANCE - BRANDON Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: guyton Georgia
  • ASSET ACCEPTANCE P.O. BOX 9063 BRANDON, Florida U.S.A.

ASSET ACCEPTANCE COLLECTING A DEBT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID AND RESELLING ACCOUNT BRANDON Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
ASSET ACCEPTANCE CONTACTING ME ABOUT A DEBT THEY WERE TRYING TO COLLECT FROM MONGOMERY WARD. I INFORMED THEM THAT THIS ACCOUNT WAS PAID FOR IN FULL ON MARCH 22, 1996. THEY CONTINUED TO SEND LETTERS. NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO I JUST LET THE LETTERS COME . THEN THEY STOPPED.

MY HUSBAND WENT TO REFINANCE THE HOUSE IN 2002(6 YEARS LATER) AND THEY TOLD HIM THAT SOME THINGS ON OUR CREDIT HAD TO BE CLEARED UP BEFORE THEY CAN PROCEED SO HE WENT AND PAID 50.00 TOWARD THIS DEBT (AFTER SPEAKING TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE.) WHEN I RELIZED THAT HE WAS PAYING THIS BILL AGAIN. I TOLD HIM NOT TO SEND ANY MONEY BECAUSE NOW THEY OWE US 50.00.

I CONTACTED MONTGOMERY WARD AND THEY TOLD ME MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT FOUND WITH THEM. THEN I GOT A NOTICE IN THE MAIL TO APPEAR IN COURT ON JUNE 10TH 2003. I WAS BEING SUED BY ASSET ACCEPTANCE. WHEN WE GOT THERE THE LAWYER PULLED US ASIDE AND ASKED ME WHEN I INTENDED TO PAY THIS DEBT I TOLD THE LAWYER THIS DEBT WAS ALREADY PAID AND YOU OWE ME 50.00 I PRODUCED THE PAPERWORK AND GAVE HIM COPIES. THE CASE WAS NOT HEARD AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD GET BACK TO ME.

WELL A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER THEY CONTINUED TO CALL MY HOME. I INSTRUCTED THEM TIME AND TIME AGAIN ABOUT THIS SITUATION. THEY WOULD STOP CALLING AND THEN THE LETTERS WOULD START AGAIN. NOW I MOVED TO GEORGIA AND THE LETTERS STARTED AGAIN I RECIEVED ONE LETTER FROM ASSET ACCEPTANCE AND THEN A COMPANY CALLED OCWEN IS TRYING TO COLLECT IT. NOW IM STARTING ALL OVER.

PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO. THEY WANT ME TO FAX THEM THE PAPERWORK AND SAID THEY WILL DECIDED IF THIS DEBT HAS BEEN PAID. TILL TODAY I HAVE NEVER RECIEVED A PRINTOUT OF WHAT WAS BOUGHT AFTER THAT DATE . THIS NEW COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE IT EITHER HE SAID ALL THEY HAVE IS THE 50.00 I PAID

Sheila
guyton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/asset-acceptance/brandon-florida-33509/asset-acceptance-collecting-a-debt-that-has-already-been-paid-and-reselling-account-brando-273901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair