X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Hampton Virginia
  • AT&T U.S.A.

AT&T ripoff the business that doesn't give a dam

Was offered a guaranteed VISA with 4.99% APR over Prime, 0% till june 2003 and no fee for transfered balances. Mailed in the reply envelope and received a notice of denial from them because my "ratio of debt to reported income" was to great to at tyhis time??

If they looked at my credit report to offer me the card then why deny it after I replied? I sent back a thank you card with an explaination of how with the card I could have reduced my debt by $6000 by payments of $500 a month (my current payment to a card with a min. balance of $134) and lowered my "Debt versus income ratio" to whatever they thought it should be.

Sean
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2002 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att/-/att-ripoff-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-dam-23948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content