X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Audiofile - Sacramento California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Davis ca
  • Audiofile Sacramento, California U.S.A.

I was in Frye's Electronics parking lot. 2 caucasian males in a white SUV with Nevada plates said they had paid for/overstocked speakers that their boss was going to sell. They showed me 5 audiofile speakers, in the box, with a nice flyer and warranty. The flyer said the speakers retailed for $1295.00 ea. They were good, real good!

With the 'in box' speakers, flyer and warranty, I had no reason to think that it was not legit. Paid $550 for all five. I did not think to memorize their license plate #. IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS WHAT THEIR LICENSE PLATE # IS, PLZ post it as a comment to this report.

Kevin
Davis, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2002 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audiofile/sacramento-california/audiofile-rip-off-scam-con-artists-sacramento-california-23048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

If you get approached in a parking with the offer to buy something just tell them off and walk away

AUTHOR: Pissed - ()

POSTED: Friday, July 05, 2002
i was in my works parking lot of all places when i was a senior in high school it was about 9 pm and i was going out to get in my truck and go home for the night when a white ford econoline van just rolled up out of nowhere.

now i wont lie this scared the s**t out of me so i reached for my pistol expecting the worst.this @$$hole in this van came at me with the same bullsh*t story my boss ordered to many speakers you wanna take a look and buy them. i said flat out NO im not interested im tired and i want to go home so get the hell out of my way.

well he persisted and got in my face and said take a look at them punk. i said mother f*cker now you done pissed me off so in my own defense i pulled out my gun and told him take a look at this you little b*tch. i dont want to even buy your stolen speakers so get the f*ck in your van and get the f*ck out of here before i put a bullet in your sorry @$$.

never seen someone run so d**n fast in my life and the cool part is he dropped 500 dollars he had in his hand when he ran away so i got that too.im not condoning what i did but i felt my life was in danger so i did what i had. the moral of the story is that you have to get forceful with these assholes other wise they will take advantage of hard working folks just because they cant get a real f*ckin' job.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

you are no better than them

AUTHOR: pimp - ()

POSTED: Thursday, June 20, 2002
If you are willing to buy speakers out of the back of a truck that are basicly being presented as stolen you deserve what you got! If their company made a mistake and gave them extra speakers that does'nt give them the right to take them. They are stealing them by not returning them and you are to the best of you knowledge at the time receiving stolen merchindise. you got off easy, because they took a loss on that deal anyway!