X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Augusta Reservation System, Augusta Vacation Reservation Systems; Vacation Network, - Augusta Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Batesburg South Carolina
  • Augusta Reservation System, Augusta Vacation Reservation Systems; Vacation Network, 4210 Columbia Road, Suite 12-A, Augusta, Georgia U.S.A.

Augusta Reservation System, Augusta Vacation Reservation Systems; Vacation Network, VNI:Scam artists ; We need a class action law suit against them; They verbally mislead you while getting you to sign contract Augusta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I have had no problems with Vacation Network

*Author of original report: Rip-off:Vacation Network Inc,-alias Augusta Reservation Systems

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I too purchased 11 vac. for close to $3,000. When I would question the contract, the sales person would state that there was rarely a probelm in getting what you wanted or cancelling a vac. as long as you followed the guidelines. That is so totally untrue! I tried to cancel a trip 6 mos. in advance and was really given the runaround as far as getting any fees back.

I used the Hotline for my kids honeymoon and paid all the fees. They charged my credit card for the whole trip and it took a lot to get the problem straightened out. They even charged for extra needed towels! I was lead to believe that they had 3-4 star accommodations. Beware.

You can get stuck far away from home and find yourself in a dump since they won't let you pick your accommodation or even give you a list to check out ahead of time to see what you are getting yourself into. You got to fork up the money before you ever know where you'll be staying.

From this experience, I have learned that any company that doesn't have a 5 business day cancellation clause to have a chance to read your contract carefully and not under pressure is trying to hide something and rip you off. Contracts can be decieving and confusing. I wish I had been given the opportunity for someone I trusted to review it with me.

Actually, I thought there was a law for consumer protection that states this. Any reputable company should want happy customers-not those who end up suffering from buyers remorse, MINDY.

Laura
Batesburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/augusta-reservation-system-augusta-vacation-reservation-systems-vacation-network/augusta-georgia-30907/augusta-reservation-system-augusta-vacation-reservation-systems-vacation-network-vnis-292211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I have had no problems with Vacation Network

AUTHOR: Useimaginations - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, June 25, 2008
My husband and I became members in 2006 and we have taken a number of great vacations for much less than we could ever afford on our own. I am sure that if you follow the procedure correctly you will not have any problems in the future. I would recommend Vacation Network to anyone!! :) :)

Kristen K.

Rip-off:Vacation Network Inc,-alias Augusta Reservation Systems

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, December 17, 2007
Another rip-off is what they call "Yearly maintenance" fees that go up at least 8% per year. My maintenance fees have gone up almost $100 per year, for a total fof approx. $300, and for what? They never call you or mail you anything except a yearly bill. What are they maintaining? They do not own the properties or "resorts" they just help fill in leftovers. I have found that I could go on line and find a cheaper price for some last minute get-a-ways.
They told me that the cost of the vacations was locked-in the day I bought them, however they still have managed to up they cost every year on fees. Locked -in fixed vacations was supposed to be the attracting component for this program.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair