What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: autoloss - Appraisal Group Of America - Portland Oregon

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Hammond Indiana
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • autoloss - Appraisal Group Of America 13728 NW Glendoveer Dr. Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I hired Appraisal Group of America in Sept. of 07. The customer service was fantastic until my Insurance company prolongued the settlement. When I hired Appraisal Group of America they threw out a large figure of compensation for my vehicle. Immediately I felt a sense of relief and agreed to pay the 500.00 dollars to begin my appraisal.

After hiring them, they offered me a vehicle report that was nothing different than printing out a vehicle report you can obtain through any website offering vehicle specs. Included in the report were comparative vehicles not even close to my vehicle and I had to point out items they missed during their evaluation. Their website states they have appraisers standing by in every state however, the appraiser I recieved to work on my claim was based somewhere on the west coast. I live in Indiana. Getting in touch with them is hard because of the time difference.

I eventually settled with my Insurance company and had to call Appraisal Group of America to let them know the status of my claim. Monica Fisher who is the President of the company was not available when I tried to contact them about the update. She eventually returned a phone call to my voicemail sounding rushed and in a hurry. She said that she had nothing to do with taxing fees etc. Her phone call was not even in regards to my claim, she didn't know what I was calling for. Everytime I called Appraisal Group of America noone was available at the time.

I wish I had never given them the money because they did nothing for me that I hadn't already done for myself. Prior to hiring them, I had already done the paperwork including comparative vehicles specific for my vehicle. I had already contacted the Indiana Insurance Commissioner's office regarding my problem. Appraisal Group did nothing for me but make a few phone calls and offer poor follow ups. The figure they throw out in the beginning are not what you get in the end. Appraisal Group of America said I should expect something near 14,000 dollars for my vehicle however, when my Insurance company offered 9,500 dollars for my vehicle, Monica Fisher suggested I accept the deal because it was fair. 14,000 vs 9, 500 ??? Thats a huge difference of what I would be expecting.

Appraisal Group of America LLC. is a company that makes a quick buck for nothing. Its not hard doing what they do and once they have your money they offer you NO MONEY BACK under any circumstance!!! They should put that on the homepage of their website.

They should fix their website so consumers are not misled into believing that someone will actually inspect their vehicle in person, offer a guarantee of a higher insurance settlement or money back...because if they don't get you a higher offer, than your out of an additional 500.00 dollars and they along with the insurance company win.

Ricky
Hammond, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/autoloss-appraisal-group-of-america/portland-oregon-97231/autoloss-appraisal-group-of-america-company-tapered-off-and-forgot-about-my-claim-seeme-308158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
9Consumer
1Employee/Owner

In my experience Appraisal Group of America is a huge asset for consumers and attorneys

AUTHOR: upset company - (United States of America)

POSTED: Saturday, July 17, 2010

I am an attorney in Texas and I have refered my clients to Appraisal Group of America since 2003. I find that when I use thier services or I refer my client to them the results are some of the best I have ever seen. Appraisal Group of America writes one of the best appraisals in the industry. The appraisals include comparables of newer vehicles and damaged vehicles so the insurance companies feels comfortable with thier reports.  I have found typically the insurance companies pay 80%-90% of the reports and I have never had to go to court. If I dont have to go to court I can save my client money.

I have been an attorney for over 20 years and find it nearly impossible to find an appraiser that is objective and does not work for the insurance company. The customer service from Terry and Monica is top notch as well. When I or one of my clients call Appraisal Group of America they give them information that is valueable and inables me or my client to receive more compensation from the insurance company. I feel Appraisal Group of America has enabled consumers to receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in monetary compensation that without them I would not have been able to recover. Looking at some of the negative remarks I am very disappointed. I know from a personal experience what a advocate Appraisal Group of America is for consumers. I just wanted to drop a quick note as to the positive experience I have had.  Working with consumers I know it is impossible to make everyone happy. The negative reivews seemed to be written by a few customers over the years. I know from a personal experience that Appraisal Group of America is an excellent company that I always use. Jack Dunlap, an attorney in Texas Also, feel free to call me if you have any questions regarding this company.

#10 General Comment

Good service with this company is rare!!!

AUTHOR: Fountain - (United States of America)

POSTED: Sunday, April 04, 2010

I too have dealt with AutoLoss.com with disastrous results.  Company does everything to get your credit card information only to disappoint in the end.  The amount AutoLoss stated I should get was simply the difference between the costs to repair the vehicle and what the vehicle was selling for (retail) at the time.  I received far less than what AutoLoss said I would get.  Don't make the mistake of getting suckered into paying for a service you will not benefit from.  If your looking for a rubber stamp type DV claim report pay the $300 - $500 or so with AutoLoss.com.  With your payment, you will also receive broken promises, sub-standard service, false hope, and a lighter pocket book.  IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!  You want to make sure this company does what they say, get it in writing.

My opinion is you should simply let the insurance company know you intend on pursuing a DV claim.  Send them YOUR market research (value of vehicle at time of accident, comparative  vehicles in similar condition being sold online and locally, extent of your damages and costs (that comes from the  body shop) and your suggested compensation.)  The report I got from AutoLoss.com was completely worthless and of no help to my DV claim.  The report lacked integrity.  I suspect most insurance companies will recognize the DV claim as a serious joke.  If you do decide to purchase a DV report from AutoLoss.com save yourself the embarrassment and don't send it to the insurance company.  I assure you the insurance company will also work with a DV claim company who will assess your vehicles damage too.

Good Luck!

I found the company to be nothing more then great

AUTHOR: lynnh - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, April 02, 2010

I have worked with Appraisal Group of America for over 1 month. I find that everytime i call they answer the phone and they are very helpul with my claim. Once I paid Appraisal Group of America they filed a diminished value claim for me. Safeco called back with an offer of $1,000 less then Appraisal Group of America stated i was due. I called Appraisal Group and they informed me to go with the new offer, $5,000 more then before and to have them reimumbse me for my appraisal. Safeco agreed and they are mailing me a check.  Now, I have over $5,400 then before. I am very happy with them and how the case went. T. H.

AUTOLOSS.COM...SCAM

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They changed their web address to autoloss.com...it is no longer appraisalgroup... they are using AUTOLOSS.COM It is a SCAM!!!! The results they post r NOT all the people's claims they handle...their are many people who don't receive great or even good results...save your 500 dollars and hash the stuff out yourself.

AUTOLOSS.COM SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

Not very nice people.

AUTHOR: Unhappy Customer - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 03, 2009

They also have had complaints elsewhere. You should contact the Attorney General and ask for help.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Appraisal Group of America does only one thing

AUTHOR: Gcoupe - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From my experiences with this company, they are only obligated to do one thing.

Take your vehicle information and cross reference its year, make, model, and miles with similar vehicles from the internet.

Add a sampling of those vehicles from the web, and include that into your report.
This report is simply a template in which they just add prices and anything aftermarket that you want to claim. (you have to fill that out and do the research yourself)

Once they do that for you, they will not go any further in assisting you with your insurance claim settlement. You have to do that on your own.

Note this disclaimer that is included in their internet appraisal report:

-AGA assumes no responsibility for the final settlement amount between the insurance company and our client
-AGA assumes no responsibility for any errors or ommisions in this report
-No portion of this document will be disclosed without prior authority from our client
-When available, a physical inspection is typically performed on the above vehicle but NOT always ( this comes with an additional $300 fee and only involves a photographer)
- The fee for the appraisal does not include any additional written services after the completion of the appraisal
-Additional services are billed at an hourly rate and must be requested by our client and or their attoney.
-The appraiser is not required to give testimony or attend court/ hearings without prior agreement of additional fees for additional services.
-This report can not be used in court unless AGA gives written permission.

If you read this, would you honestly trust this company after they obviously do not have any responsibilities to you after they give you their TEMPLATE appraisal that obviously a 10 year old can accomplish?

Also, during the first phone call with them they will make sure to get your money before you hang up. They will not do anything with your insurance settlement claim until they receive your money. WHICH IS NOT REFUNDABLE - according to their website.

AGA Got me an additional $20,000.

AUTHOR: Dr. Kristin - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 10, 2009

After having Allstate offer me $20,000. for my custom vehilce I contatcted Appraisal Group of America. I had seen the Ripoff Report but my brother had also used Appraisal Group of America and they had gotten him an additional $10,000 on his vehilce so I felt I could trust my brother. I was worried thou.. Allstate had spent 3 months treating me like crap and I was getting nowhere. Allstate stated I need an independent appraisal to document my total loss amount. I called Appraisal Group of America and they gave me a quote of what they thought my vehicle was worth and it was a little higher then I thought so I was worried. I went back and read the Rip off Report and the person sounded nuts. The person in Indiana got a refund and he was upset about the envelope it was delivered in plus he was upset Appraisal Group of America wanted to know his adress to send him a refund check? Appraisal Group of America sounded much more credible and I work in customer service as a Dr. so I know some patients are just impossible to make happy. I called Appraial Group of America and enlisted them to help me and within 3 weeks Appraisal Group of America got me an additioanal $20,000. I was so amazed. Appraial Group of America took care of everything and my brother and I are so happy we used them. As I stated working with patients all day I know how hard it is to make everyone happy. I read their testimionals and spoke to my brother and once again I am so happy I used them. I will tell all my patients and friends about them.. The best money I ever spent.

I also was a victim of this company.

AUTHOR: Iraq Veteran - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I have concerns about the practices of this company, I wish I would have known about ripoffreport.com sooner. I was deployed to Iraq and my car was crashed by a friend who drove my car for one week. Desperate as could be, I found that autoloss.com would be the only ones that might be able to help.

I used their services once before but I couldn't remember if they were helpful or not. I tried asking but I didn't get an answer because it was long ago, and I had gone through too many deployments to remember.

Anyways, regardless of the outcome of the first time I paid for their services, I was completely disregarded the second time I used them. I hired them with the impression that they would either represent me during my settlement with my insurance company, or actually assist me in getting a higher dollar settlement. I was wrong.

For $595.00 all I received was a imporper, poorly calculated random sampling of similar vehicles on sale advertised on the internet. My biggest concern was their promise to work with my insurance agency. I have proof in a statement from my adjuster/claim representative from USAA that she never spoke with Monica Fisher. All she received was one voice mail and she many times to return them but they were never available.

I actually ended up having to edit the appraisal paperwork myself and it took them over two weeks to sign it. Monica Fisher knew that I was deployed to Iraq and she never even bothered to keep me updated.. surely because they were not doing anything at all.

I never received a refund, and am furious that they would treat a deployed member of the Armed Forces IN HARMS WAY with such disregard.

My suggestion is to file complaints with these consumer protection agencies like recently have.

Better Business Bureau
Department of Justice Consumer Complaint Department
Federal Trade Commision (also helps military)

I hope this helps..

- Hans

Consumer Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, June 20, 2008

While Appraisal Group of America presents a reasonable argument. The facts still remain. My car settlement took almost a year to eventually settle. When you hire Appraisal Group of America...you pay a fee of $500 dollars, You then receive a report listing things you could retrieve off of any vehicle report (ie: axles, type car: xls, xlt, rls), they lengthen the report saying things like...the glass is in good condition, the body prior to accident was is good condition etc. Then they contact your insurance company, and its a complete game of cat and mouse. My insurance company called me and explained the length of time since the accident and what is my bottom line amount. This negotiation had nothing to do with Appraisal Group of America. The report from A.G.A. listed cars too far from my zipcode and had many cars that were different types (ie: XlS, XLT and 4x4's) granted the math is all worked out when they reach the conclusive settlement amount. The fact that they list such vehicles, mitigates the integrity of the report.

After reporting Appraisal Group of America to the B.B.B., the Attorney Genral and other agencies. Monica Fisher repeatedly contacted me saying that if I wanted my refund I would have to call with my address? If clients are paramount to A.G.A., wouldn't they have my address on file.

After a month I received a white envelope in the mail from Monica Fisher. The stamp along with my address, was carelessly written on the envelope. The contents consisted of a blank sheet of paper covering the check. The paper was folded miserably ( as if Monica was sending an additional message of "get lost.") I still have the envelope incase anyone would like to see this.

Save your money and time and do this yourself!!!!!!

Write what your car included + Mileage
Find comparative vehicles to yours (within 25 miles) About 5 vehicles.
Add up the total of all vehicles found, then divide it by 5.
This should be your suggested settlement amount.
Insurance companies like to make people wait.
You have 2 options.
Wait for a larger settlement or Settle and accept the loss.
Appraisal Group of America makes its money of people that are hopelessly out of options.

Response by Third Party Attorney to Report

AUTHOR: Attorney Calif - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, May 09, 2008

I am an attorney and am familar with Appraisal Group of America. I have practiced law for more than 30 years.

While I am disappointed in your disappointment with Appraisal Group of America, from a legal standpoint you made an excellent choice in seeking their report. The $9,500.00 is a reasonable settlement considering the alternative. The insurance company no doubt would not have paid the money to you had it not been for the report done by Appraisal Group of American. If you wished to litigate your claim of approximately 14,000.00 claim, you would have no doubt been required to pay 1/3 for attorney fees, plus costs, assuming you could find an attorney who would take such a case. It has been my experience that most attorneys have no clue as to the the diminished value claims and will not even pursue them. You would also have been responsible for costs, in addition to attorney fees, and such would likely be between $500.00 as a minimum and as much as $5,000.00, if the matter proceeded after the filing of the complaint. If you litigate it, you may pay 40% for attorney fees. Again, that is assuming you are luck enough to find an attorney to represent you on such a small case (understanding that it is emotionally big to you). At best, you would recover for you a net of $9,333.80 after attorney fees, and $8,833.00 after costs, and that is the best case for you.

That again assumes it could be settled without litigation and a trial.

Now, the attorney fees at $4,666. That is probably less than the average billing rate by the hour for attorneys in your area, considering that no less than 25 hours to time would be involved even if it did not got to trial. I would not take you case, as my billing rate is far more than that.

Monica Fisher was absolutely correct in her evaluation, and you should send her flowers, not trash her and the organization which help you make the recovery.

In Flordia, the State conducted a survey and concluded that the insurance industiry in one year in the 1990 underpaid claims on diminished value by almost one millon dollars. Be glad for Appraisal Group of America help you, and you should wake up so glad each morning that the first thing you do is kiss the ground and thank them.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

owner of Appraisal Group of America

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ricky was refunded every cent he paid to the company. The reason the company did not inspect the vehicle was due to the fact that Ricky sent us pictures as well as he did not want to pay for the inspection. We have thousands of very happy clients and we did all we could to help Ricky but due to his dis-satisfaction his money was refunded. He fails to mention the refurnd in his complaint. Customer Service is our number one goal at all times.