X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix - Phoenix Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Corona California
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff219241.htm Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been trying to get an online education for my BA in Buisness Admin and since the beginning I have had nothing but problems with the school. The administration sounds helpful and friendly but they never actually do anything they say they will do.

I have money missing from my account and they have said three times they would mail a detailed description of all moneys received and what they went to it has been almost a year and I have yet to receive one. They said they would credit me two blocks of classes for free because of their mistakes and they have not yet done that and the last class they have billed me twice on. Evertime I call they say that I have a new counselor and the old one supposedly was transferred to another department.

I already plan to change schools but I am unhesitant of what will happen to the funds that need to be forwarded to the new school. One of my classes was comlete and the shoe that I got zero credits. And another class they made me take twice. Even though I had already finished it with an A.

I hope the right authoities can be notified to audit the school and see what happens to all of the money. For 795$ a class I expected an excellent education and all I am getting is headaches and ulcers. I would not reccommend this school to anyone.

Rebecca
Corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2007 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/axia-college-of-university-of-phoenix/phoenix-arizona/axia-college-of-university-of-phoenix-unprofessional-mismanagement-of-money-paperwork-de-245350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
12Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I just started UoP in May

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, August 02, 2007

I began researching UoP when I noticed that none of my funds have been applied to my acct after my lender sent me a letter stating that they have already released my funds. Well I was calling my financial counselor and leaving msgs plus sending emails. I have yet to receive a response from her. So when I spoke to someone else within the dept he stated that my funds were sent back. Why didn't I get notification concerning this? They never stated how much classes were going to be they just signed you up for class. When I saw that my classes were costing me 1482/per class and 75/books, I could not believe it. My cousin is going to the same school is she is not even paying half of what I am. So I started searching for other universities due to that I began to be unhappy concerning the customer service that I have been receiving from the employees. I have found a school but now Uop is stating that if I stop attending now then my funds will be returned and I will have a bill. I think that is wrong b/c I am about to take my third class and have been waiting for my funds to be applied to my acct. So they said that it would be best that I complete 12 credits to assure that my funds have been applied appropriately. I don't think that I should be held at this school b/c that is the way that I feel. I am taking classes that does not pertain to my field of work that I am pursuing. I cannot go into the workforce taking these classes.

Good for you Christina!

POSTED: Friday, July 27, 2007

Christina, when I worked customer service many years ago, I asked my manager at the time, "why are so many of our customer complaining?" He responded by asking me the following question, "David... if someone bought a bottle of shampoo because the label stated that it would make their hair thick and luxurious, and it did just what it claimed, do you think they would call customer service and tell them that their product did just what it was supposed to? Now let's say that this person had an allergic reaction to the shampoo and they developed a rash as a result; would they now call customer service?"

Christina, happy and successful students are not a minority as most of the 47 reports filed here over the past 1 1/2 years would like you to believe.

Almost all Enrollment Counselors get quick little - Thank you e-mails from students which are acknowledged by the Counselors, but usually just saved in the Counselors' e-mail folder for that student.

But now Enrollment Counselors and their managers are encouraged to submit these Thank you and other positive e-mails from their students so that they can be compiled and sent out in an internal monthly e-Newsletter called Enrollment Counselors: Making a Difference.

Here is the latest compilation; hopefully Ripoffreport.com administrators post the whole thing (name of counselor and campus indicated):
-------------------------------

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." -Goethe

Amie W. Online

I just wanted to let you know that you have provided support far beyond what I had expected when I signed up! I really appreciate everything that you have done for me.

Tammy M. Detroit

When I encountered the office this yesterday afternoon I was very impressed by the level of professionalism and kindness that your office had shown me yesterday. From the time I walked into the door I felt like top priority. That was so very refreshing. Tammy was excellent and helped me the entire way.

Shannon M. Online

You have no idea how much I appreciate all the help you've given me over the past year and a half. Completing my MBA today is a bittersweet feeling because while I am glad to be done, I know that you and I will likely never talk much anymore.

Tina D. Phoenix

In September 2005, you lassoed me into enrolling at the University of Phoenix to get an MBA. Last night, I completed the class course. I can now boast that I am the most educated person in an entry level position at my work! Thank you!

Rhonda N. NW Indiana

Rhonda was a big help in following up and informing me of things needed and how things worked and what to expect. She went above and beyond to make sure things were done right and in a timely manner. Also, being she is a UOP online student herself, she could relate to the first class experience and shared her experience as well.

Dan P. Online

Thank you so much for your help. I really have enjoyed chatting with you. I am looking forward to working with you through the [extent] of my education. You have been a pleasure to work with, keep it up. You are an asset to this establishment. Thank you again.

Amy H. Richmond

The decision to go back to school was mine, but I came to UOP because of you and so far I am glad I did.

Ginger F. Online

After this class, I have two to go! Hallelujah! Thank you so much, again, Ginger, for always being there for me and just "walking beside me!"

Alisa C. Cleveland

You have an especially caring and compassionate individual on your staff, [Alisa]. Even though she is my admissions counselor, she has gone above and beyond with her caring nature. Alisa is a major reason why the University of Phoenix is such a success.

Cindy B. Online

Thanks for all of your support throughout my academic experience--you were GREAT!! (UOP needs to clone you.)

Melissa D. Southern Colorado

I appreciate you going above the requirements of your job and helping me to decide if I really should invest the money in furthering my education. With that said, I have decided to enroll in classes and work towards a degree. I really like your online setting as that will fit into what I currently do for work.

Linda L. Online

Since you did a great job in leading me to the right path, I am more than ever trustful to recommend you to this young sailor. So I hope you can get in contact with her so she can start a great career path by using UOP.

Kristin C. Columbus, OH

I can not thank you enough for all of your help. You have been a wonderful inspiration and I promise I will not let you down. You believe in me and that means a lot. I hope someday we will get to meet in person.

Lynne N. Online

Lynne, this is straight from the heart: the reason that my parents and friends are proud of me, and the reason I have stayed motivated and focused through every class, the reason I am even in class, is YOU!!!

Shelly M. Indianapolis

Thanks Shelly for all the help you are trying to give me. I hope I do well and I do appreciate your help. Please continue to stay on top of me, it helps!

Chris P. Online

Chris is thorough, professional and friendly. He has been a great help. Looking back on the experience, I would say from the onset he was really knowledgeable and helpful.

Nick P. St. Louis

I wanted to drop a couple lines. I am LOVING classes. I wish I would of started a while ago. Thank you again so much for all your help, you made the enrollment process as easy as it could get.

Sheri G. Online

I also wanted to thank you for all your help and everything along the way! It was only with all the assistance that you gave and were willing to give that I knew that UOP was right for me and that I could do this because I wouldn't be alone! Thanks again!

Things are going really well and from what I can see on a lot of the forums your preparation has made a huge difference. There have been so many things that you and Kristina told me about or walked me through that have helped in the last two weeks. A lot of my classmates seem to be struggling and I think they didn't all have such good counselors.

Kevin J. Louisville

Thanks a bunch for all your support on helping me better my life and to pursue my education.

Patrick K. Online

He showed me how to get to my books and I will be reading my first lesson today. I am looking forward to taking classes at the University of Phoenix. I will keep the determination I need to finish. But it is people like you and Patrick that really motivate people and give them the determination they need to reach their goals comfortably.

Cathy H. Tucson

I really enjoyed how easy it was to enroll, it afforded me a chance to get organized before starting class. I really don't think it could get any better and I am not just saying that. Everything was pretty much laid out for me, all I had to do was follow directions.

Martha B. Online

Thank you so much for your time and effort in these past six weeks. You have been such a big help to me in every way possible. I don't think I could have made it this far without you. Keep up the good work!

Jackie A. Oklahoma City

I wanted to tell you thank you for everything you have done for me. I have always wanted to go back to school but I didn't know how to do it and because of you I will finally get that chance. Thank you again.

Brian K. Online

Thank you for the help. I don't know what I would have done without you.

Banafsheh A. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thanks very much for telling me all about the University of Phoenix and what my options are. Going back to school is definitely a big commitment, but you helped to make me feel at ease about making this decision.

Tina H. Online

Thanks for all your hard work. I truly appreciate you Tina! You are the best!

Tresja C. Alpharetta

I'm an old woman, and very difficult to impress, but you have, by far, with your professional attitude, and your mild ways. It has proved to be a real encouragement to me, and I appreciate you being patient with me. You've been everything that a good counselor should be. You're there when I need you, and your advice is so helpful, and mature. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done without you.

Michael D. Online

Thanks for your support and guidance over the past several weeks. I really wasn't sure if UOP was for me, but I really think I have found a home here. I have enjoyed my first class immensely, and I learned so much about myself and grew in many aspects both personally and professionally. I look forward to my next class and I hope that I will be an asset to the UOP family.

Mary H. San Antonio

I want to thank you again for calling me. I wanted go to school, but had no encouragement to go, your voice, encouragement and enthusiasm built my confidence back up and made me remember EXACTLY WHY I MOVED TO FLORIDA, to seek opportunity. Thank you Ms Mary you started it for me. You allowed me to remember my dream of education. Thank you so much.

EJ M. Online

I would like to thank all the Counselor's, Teacher's and Staff for making it possible for people like us, who do not have the time to dedicate our selves to a college in a classroom setting to get our degrees online. If it was not for this opportunity I don't know what half of us would do.

He has stood by me since day one when I decided to enroll again. I have not been skeptical about starting or sticking with the program, but E. J. Martinez has helped me feel better about myself and more strong willed.

Ronay D. Dallas

Thank you so much for all your help in getting me back in school. There are those who do their jobs and then there are those like you that go above and beyond. The University of Phoenix has a jewel in you.

Keisha S. Online

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all the help you have been since the beginning. Especially this morning running through all of the sites, it may take me a little while to remember them all. Everything right now seems a little overwhelming but once I get started I catch on quickly. So once again thank you.

Pearl F. Atlanta

She has been in contact with me since receiving my file, everyday. The best part that I like mostly about this experience, every time I call her, I never have to leave a message. She is readily available. With all of this I'm very grateful and hopes that she remain my enrollment counselor until graduation.

Tony C. Online

Thank you again so much for believing in me when I wanted to give up. May God continue to bless you and yours and to keep you all.

Marci M. San Jose

You've done everything that you can possibly do and much, much more to maximize my educational endeavors @ UOP. I really appreciate the help you have given me and feel that you must be the best enrollment councilor ever.

Donald W. Online

Donald has made my transition into the University of Phoenix a smooth and joyful event. I had various concerns that he handled with patience and professionalism. I know I can be a handful but I am thankful that UOP has a great enrollment counselor like Donald.

Suzanne B. Dallas

After speaking with Suzanne and meeting with her, I gained the confidence I needed to enroll. Suzanne's enthusiasm was great and exactly what I needed to take me over the last hump.

Jason N. Online

I have never written a paper and been involved in something quite like this. It was very enlightening and I couldn't have done it without your help.

Melinda G. Atlanta

You have being a source of encouragement since you stepped in to complete the Enrollment process. Again thank you very much. I will do my best in my studies with University of Phoenix, my dream University.

Rhonda H. Online

I so appreciate and value your care and concern. Seldom in the business world does someone show such care and compassion. I hope your employers know, realize and appreciate this in an employee. Thank you again for your time and concern, and when I am ready I will assuredly be going through you and your fine organization for my education advancement.

Katelyn C. Indianapolis

You don't know how much help you have been to me. If it weren't for you I would have already quit. And I am not a quitter. So thanks again for everything.

Ross B. Online

I also wanted to let you know that Ross did a wonderful job working with me. I do in home child care so I have a very limited window of time through the day for phone calls (and that doesn't guarantee no interruptions!) I had a health scare and asked him to give me a couple of weeks to determine if things were life- threatening or not and he gave me that space. He never gave up on me and for that I am eternally grateful. Thank you to the staff there at Axia who have helped me thus far and in the future. My husband and I are planning on coming out for graduation. This is a dream come true for me!

Stan F. Maryland

I want to thank you for hanging in there with me and being so supportive and understanding. It has been a while since I first spoke with you about enrolling and in these last several months, you never dropped the ball, even when I did. I think you are a phenomenal person, you always keep me well informed with the most current and applicable information for my situation, you always listened and tried to make the entire process as smooth as you possibly could and without your continued support I may have procrastinated forever!

I am writing this to let you know that Stan did a wonderful job getting me enroll in school. He was very patient and answer all of my question in a timely manner and also checked up on me when I didn't respond to his call on the same day. He was very patient and answered all of my questions in a timely manner and also checked up on me when I didn't respond to his call on the same day.

Susan F. Online

When I spoke to you 18 months ago, I wasn't sure that I could do this program. You convinced me that I could do it. Then i told you that it had been more than 20 years since I have been in a classroom and you convinced me that this would be the perfect arena for me to pursue my Masters. So I listened to you and allowed you to convince me that I needed to go back to school and get my Masters. So here I am 18 months later and I hold a Masters Degree in Public Administration. Susan, thank you for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. Thank you for taking the time in the beginning to hold my hand and be there when I needed to vent. You are a wonderful person and may God continue to Bless You and yours.

Mark L. St. Paul

He definitely has the true spirit of customer service!! He seems to enjoy his position and conveys that passion to those he helps.

Davina R. Online

I am so excited to be back taking classes, taking that first step again to a brighter future. I could not have done this without you. YOU were brought into my life for a purpose and I thank you for your guidance, patience, time and support. I could not have done this without you.

Lewis W. Charlotte

You assisted me with my new GPA of 4.0 and I really appreciate you.

Joseph R. Online

I would like to take a moment to say that Joe has been one of the best college counselors that I have ever worked with in my college career. He is always quick to respond to any of my phone calls or emails. On top of which, he is very personable. I know that if I have a question or concern, Joe will get to the bottom of it.

Chirag P. Chicago

Class was great yesterday. I want to thank you for being so supportive and attentive. Thank you again. I will tell everyone that I know about you and UOP.

Catherine B. Online

You showed me a way to build a better future and assisted me with all the paperwork and even beginning my first class. I suppose it is only fitting that shortly after I started at the University of Phoenix online I learned of our local campus and applied for a finance position. I spent a year and a half in finance and about a year ago transferred into Enrollment and love every minute of giving people hope the way you did for me. What you do, or I suppose we do, is to make dreams come true and I just wanted to let you know how much that first phone call means to me still today.

Ilya E. Detroit

You caught me at the right moment in my life, I've just been thinking about how am I going to accomplish this goal, and I realize once I initiate it I can just take it one day at a time. I have faith in myself and whatever I set my mind to. Thank you for your many encouraging words today and concern.

Joe D. Online

I have just completed my first class. I'll be starting class number two tomorrow. Things are going pretty well. It has been difficult. It helped once I got into class. The instructor was very helpful. I appreciate the time and energy that you put into helping me stay in the program. Thank you very much, Joe.

Kim S. Tucson

She pointed me into the right direction and helped me get through all the channels smoothly. I have already sent her a contact. In my lifetime I will never forget the University of Phoenix registration experience. Thanks for making sure I could be taken care of by having Kim on board. I will be sure to send people to the U of P because of how easy and informative the process is.

I just got off the phone with a student who was raving about her EC, Kim. She said Kim was really on the ball ... it was a great experience ... I was really really impressed with Kim, she was wonderful.

Amanda K. Online

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me enroll in school during the last few weeks. I hit quite a few bumps in the road along the way, and never once was I treated like a number. Compared to my last experience with the higher education system, this has been a dream come true. I always felt like people were listening intently when I had concerns, and acting with a sense of urgency that I would love to see in my own workplace! You are not only a place to go for an education for the business-minded, you are an example to follow for running a business. Everyone should be so lucky to work with people like you.

Sandra R. Phoenix

She has been a joy to work with during this process. From the beginning I was excited by the new opportunity and the chance to further my education, however I was anxious regarding all of the material and items that I needed to accomplish before I was able to begin classes. Sandra was helpful and very, very patient with me. She answered all of my questions, no matter what they were and made it seem like I was the only student that she was working with at the time.

Rob F. Detroit

Rob made enrolling in school and getting financial aid a walk in the park, taking a thousand pounds of stress off my shoulders, saving my energy for my motivation towards my work in school. He has been there for me every time I needed anything.

Pam C. Online

I was excited to continue when you told me you were here to help me succeed. I also felt comfortable because you were there when I needed a little push to get me through. You have been wonderful in every aspect.

Steve B. Charlotte

I just wanted to thank you again for your help and encouragement to go back to school.

Dan R. Phoenix

Thank you so much, I hope you realize how much you have helped me today... This is something that I've been putting off for the past couple of months and when I got your email it was just at the right time.

Eli R. Online

First of all, I wanted to thank you again for all of your help with the application process, financial aid and the first day of class. Your knowledge put me very at ease right off the bat. I had already talked to several other on-line Universities when I first spoke to you. I was sold on UOP because of your calm expertise. You seemed to know exactly what I wanted and needed and told me how to get where I was headed.

Molly M. Colorado

You're the most patient counselor I've ever had the opportunity to speak with in my entire life. Other counselors should be trained by someone like you. I hope to meet you face to face someday.

Mandy P. Online

I am really enjoying class. It's not as bad as I thought it would have been. I am slowly but surely learning how to work the student website. I also want to let you know how appreciative I am for all of your help and your support. Thank you.

Jessie L. Tucson

Your the most patient counselor I've ever had the opportunity to speak with in my entire life. Other counselors should be trained by someone like you. I hope to meet you face to face someday.

Chassidy S. Online

I just wanted to take this time out to tell you how thankful I am for all of the hard work that you helped in getting me enrolled with the school. I look forward to working hard getting my degree and possibly going further. Thanks again for everything you are a god send and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Basak W. Augusta

You are the glue that keeps things together. I always enjoy your words of encouragement which sets the pace for anyone on their quest for a brighter future. Please continue to be the light that shines through the darkest cloud. You are definitely a desirable asset to me and my education.

Lori S. Online

I've got an application and some other items I'm taking home this weekend to review, so some time early next week we'll definitely be in touch! Thank you so much for all of your help, you are definitely assisting me in making those steps closer to my overall goal which is to have a Master's before I leave England! Have a great weekend, we'll be in touch.

Echo F. Boston

Hi Echo thanks for the email. I just now read it and I really want to reconsider. I really want to do this. I'm 30 now and I still think I can better my life in many ways. SCHOOL IS A MUST.

Tim D. Utah

Tim is awesome. He has called to check in with me and to make sure everything is well. The staff at the University is great. They make me feel comfortable and it seems as if they want me to succeed. The facilities are clean. I would recommend this University.

David S. Online

My online learning experience has been very interesting because I never thought that you could learn this way. Since I have been doing it I have learned and relearned alot of new and old things. I am still getting adjusted to it but overall it makes me feel good about myself as a person to know that I made the step to do this.

Tamara M. Chicago

I did not know that it was so much to be learned and I like it learning this way. I just want you to know that you are appreciated.

Keith T. Online

By the way I really never got the chance to tell you how grateful I am to you for helping this old mans life long dream become a reality. You really have no idea much being able to resume my college education means to me and my kids. THANK YOU so much for helping me get back in school. And I look forward to letting you know how I am progressing and succeeding (because at my age failure is not an option). And hopefully someday I will get to meet you in person so I can put a face to the man who helped me start changing my life.

Bahareh A. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thanks so much Bahareh, I really enjoyed talking to you. And let me also mention, you guys are good your follow up is impeccable. Do you tutor as well? I hope so!

Michael D. Online

I have to do what it takes to reach my goals in life. One day I will get there. As for how I chose this school over so many other Internet schools, it became very obvious to me that my enrollment counselor and other members of my team cared about my graduation not just my enrollment into the school.

Sharmila V. Maryland

Sharmila is a great enrollment counselor. Sharmila calls me just to see how my day went see made me want to go to college to better my life.

Shonda S. Atlanta

I am so excited about school. This is a new chapter in my life that I can not be more elated to face. I have always wanted to complete my education and receive a degree. You have been very instrumental and successful in making this dream come true for me.

Wendy M. Detroit

Thank you, Wendy. I really appreciate your assistance and the follow-up. That is such a personal touch; so different from the traditional colleges. I'm really looking forward to my tenure at U of P.

Jan V. Online

It was good to have met someone who cares genuinely about people. Your personality alone was the biggest reason I chose to go to this college in the first place. It shows that you honestly care, and that's what counts. Thank you for all of your help so far! I admire your patience and concern for those you haven't even laid eyes on. That takes a really big heart to be that considerate. I hope others appreciate that about you as much as I do.

Hassan S. Atlanta

I just wanted to let you know what an amazing person Hassan is. He helped me get everything I needed to be able to get in school. He was patient , kind, and very understanding. Out of all the schools I contacted, he was the first to call me back and he gave me so much encouragement and made me feel like anything was possible. Thank You for having such wonderful people working under you.

Scott S. Detroit

My first week and a half was a bit challenging just trying to get a routine down but I made it so far and feeling pretty good! But I do owe it all to you. Thank you for everything you do and especially just for being there. Just knowing I can call for help or with questions takes a load off my mind.

Tom S. Online

I realize that I was a real pain when I first started going to school; I had no idea what all went into dealing with difficult students. So thank you for all or your work. I appreciate it, and will graduate in December.

Judi F. Maryland

As of last night, I completed my last class. It has been a roller coaster ride, but I am SO elated that I made the commitment to obtain my IT degree. I did not know if I could really pull it out, but I did and I am grateful for all that I have gone through to date.

Shniece F. Atlanta

Shniece, you are a blessing in my life, you are surely God's sent from above.

Shaun C. Online

I just wanted to thank you for helping me through my first nine weeks of classes. If I had not had your help I would have been totally lost. Keep doing what you do because you help students achieve their goals. It has been and will hopefully continue to be a wonderful experience for me. I am really looking forward to my next set of classes. I would definitely recommend the distance learning experience to others as well as referring them to you.

Wendy A. Charlotte

She's an excellent Enrollment Counselor. She really cares about her job and the students, and it definitely shows. Wendy really needs to be recognized for the great job she is doing. I enjoy having her as part of my graduation team!

Paul G. Online

Paul has gone above and beyond in every way to encourage me and cheer me on. I have been out of school since 1998 and making the decision to go back was a huge step for me. Not only was I scared to death but I was not sure if I could do it. Paul assisted me in every area of concern. He is knowledgeable, he is sensitive, he is kind, he is practical and he is sincere about wanting to see me achieve my short and long-term goals.

Yvonne M. Charlotte

Just to let you know that I am truly enjoying my interaction with the professor and my classmates. I'm sure I choose the best way to pursue my MBA - Thanks to you.

Davelle H. Online

I wanted to let you know that Davelle Hale has been the best. I do believe if it wasn't for her help, I would have given up and went with another school. She was with me every step of the way and trust me, things just kept going wrong. Davelle has been there for me every step of the way and I can't thank her enough. I realize that getting people through the administration process is her job, but Davelle went above and beyond. Davelle is my first friend at the University of Phoenix, even though we are miles away.

Kelley A. St. Paul

I am happy to refer anyone to you at UOP. So many thanks for all of your persistence and patience with me!

Tabitha T. Online

I have almost completed my first class. I hope these last assignments don't ruin my record of perfect scores on my assignments. I had a great doctor's appointment today. No brain tumors, and my CA 125 (tumor marker) is at a normal level. I feel like I have been handed a new life. I am psyched. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

Tiffany C. NW Indiana

You were right I can do it! Thank you so much for believing in me! I think that was all I needed for awhile, someone to believe in me, that is.

Jason C. Online

I want to let you know that Jason has helped me out so much. I was having a hard time and I gave him a call and he helped out so much. At the point before giving Jason a call, I was ready to just give up, but him talking to me really helped me and I want you to know how much Jason has helped me! You must be a fantastic boss to have such a wonderful guy working for you!

Vasil P. Detroit

I would like you to know what an incredible man Vasil is. He spoke with me on the phone for six months trying to make an appointment with me to come in and check out what the University has to offer. He was kind and persistant. I did come in and meet with Vasil. During our appointment he demonstrated knowledge, encouragement, and energy. Still hesitant, I waited a couple more months before becoming a student. He never gave up on me. He was patient, sincere, respectful, made me a priority when I came in, and answered all of my questions. If he did not know the answer he always got back with me in a timely manner.

Tracey Y. Online

I just wanted to say thank you for all you have done. You have been very personable, and polite, and helped me through everything so far. As someone who is working full time and taking the initiative to go to school you made this process so much easier that I had imagined. You are really a great asset to the company you work for.

Corretta K. Columbus, OH

I just wanted to tell you thank you for all your hard work with my class schedule. I am enjoying my experience so far other than the scheduling stuff. It is a relief to know that the schedule conflicts are resolved. You have made me feel very comfortable with going back to school. I can tell that you really care about your students. You have been very outgoing and concerned and it does not go unnoticed.

Darnell F. Online

Thank you so much for the information and insight that you shared with me. You were very knowledgeable of the curriculum, enrollment process, residency requirements, and all other questions that I posed. With some universities, the enrollment counselors did an excellent job presenting the familiar logistics, but often could not respond knowledgeably to my inquiries about specific concerns. As a result, they would immediately refer me to someone in another area, which was quite time-consuming and inconvenient.

Meryl B. San Diego

My first night at school was very good. A lot of studying and reading which is fun and challenging. I'm happy that I'm learning. Thank you so much for your patience and perseverance in allowing me to enroll with UOP.

Tara S. Online

Tara Skuse the most awesome Enrollment Counselor has made an appointment for me on Tuesday Morning. Tara, along with the Financial and Academic advisors, has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable throughout this process. My thanks to you and your team.

Deon B. Louisville

Thank you for all of your encouragement, strength and hope. I finally settled down and completed my assignment, I can't believe how simple it was, and how hard I made it for myself. It's a blessing to have someone in your life that believes in you, even though at times you don't believe in yourself.

Mandy P. Online

I wanted to let you know how much you have changed my life. I was working a crap job, living pay check to paycheck and I did not see any light at the end of the tunnel. You were persistent with me not to mention very patient. I am still living paycheck to paycheck the difference now is I see light at the end of the tunnel. Going to school has changed so much for me and if it weren't for you I would not be 3 blocks into my education. The college experience has given me different dreams that are reachable now, it has also made me feel good about myself and in turn I am happy. Happiness is the key to life, and right now in my life I feel as if I have you to thank for that.

Laura Z. Indianapolis

I am really excited about getting started. Thanks for your continued help, I really appreciate that you go above and beyond to make sure that I am taken care of.

Michael P. Online

[Michael] contacted me two months ago about returning to school to finish my degree in Criminal Justice. At first I was very apprehensive about continuing my education on line. After much convincing I agreed to give on line education a try. I completed my first two classes about two weeks ago and I am enrolled to start back on 8-20-07. I am very excited about continuing my degree at the University of Phoenix on line. Michael has been very helpful and encouraging me to continue my degree even though I have a very busy schedule.

Matt C. Dallas

My enrollment counselor, Matt Chandler, has helped me with everything that I have asked of him. I am very satisfied with all my counselors assistance.

JoAnn J. Online

JoAnn was my enrollment counselor and words cannot espress how wonderful, supportive, and helpful she was to me. The entire time I have been at UOP I have never had anyone, specifically the counselors, help me the way she did. She would check on me just to make sure things were going OK. In my opinion JoAnn is a tremendous asset to UOP as she so understanding, sweet, and helpful to those of us who are already stressing out about what needs to be accomplished to start classes.

I am very thankful she was my enrollment counselor as the entire process went smoothly without execption.

Susan S. Tucson

Thanks for all your late hours. I worked many a late day in the Army and know the scrafices family members make to support those who are supporting others. I can at least keep you in my prayers of thanks for helping me and the others in this program.

Leban O. Online

You helped to make the transition into school very easy for me, and made sure that I understood everything. I appreciate your time and effort to follow up with me and show that you value incoming students, as I'm sure you have quite a few to work with. So, again, if we do not speak again I want to thank you for all your help!

Beth T. Columbus, OH

I wanted to let you know that it has been a pleasure working with you on getting me set up with school. You have been a great help!

Sarah B. Online

I have always wanted to go, but it wasn't until speaking with you and seeing how you as a mom could do it and how you didn't have to pay, and honestly it was hearing all of your stories that finally convinced me.... when I am a big shot therapist, I will counsel you for free.... but hopefully you won't be needing it!
I wanted to compliment on having Sarah on your staff. She has gone above and beyond to help me! I can not thank her enough for not letting me give up on school, and has taken the time help assignments I've had trouble with. If it was not for her I would have dropped my last class and dropped out of school.

Nate J. Milwaukee

Thank you so much for your help and patience Nate. I am so excited and I really appreciate your professionalism and for explaining everything so thoroughly. I believe that I made a very smart move.

Tricia H. Online

You have been a great source of encouragement and I know that you are there if I need you which is a great source of comfort. Believe me Tricia, I have had a hell of a last couple of years personally, and this is the best decision I have made in a long time for myself, and I am committed to it. I will be vigilant about my progress and if I feel unsure or ill at ease about something I am promising to contact you and make you aware so you can help me adjust/change, or whatever to guide me through whatever it is. Glad you are there for me, you are doing a great job, I am comfortable with you, and it is a great feeling to know that my success is your goal.

Lakeisha C. Philadelphia

You just don't know how long I've been wanting to go back to school but was just too afraid I wasn't bright enough or wouldn't be able to apply myself and time because of other demands in daily life. I'm glad you called (wherever you got my number from I don't know) and I'm glad you continued to call to assist in getting my enrolled and started. Make sure you tell your parents they did an exceptionally wonderful job raising a caring and committed young lady and they should be very, very proud of their job well done!

Michael G. Online

Michael is an excellent counselor and he is such a great advocate for my success. He really made me feel like he cared about my goals in life and he actually wanted to help me reach them. He was always so patient with me and willing to offer whatever help and advice he could. He even helped me with organizing my learning team and brainstorming ideas for our paper. He is the greatest! I hope everyone has a counselor like Michael! He is the best!

Brenda L. Madison

I just wanted to write this to you to say thank you to you for all your help and your kindness. You are great to work with and I have really enjoyed working with you and like I said I want you to continue being my counselor person throughout this whole process.

Andy H. Online

I hope you know how much I appreciate you. When taking your precious time to talk to me, helping me to focus, and showing me the necessary tools needed to accomplish this task is what will help me finish this class and the other. I needed this support so much.

Sylvester D. Little Rock

She (a student) said you made her feel comfortable and you helped her reveal the importance of earning her degree and that she could do it.

Jeffrey N. Online

I appreciate the time you spent with me, your patience, and especially for your positive words of encouragement and support. I take comfort in the fact that you will help me on Monday and in your reassurance that you will only be a phone call away. I am sure that I will not have to bother you too much but I will call you when I need you.

Curtis L. Jersey City

Curtis is a valuable member on your team. I work with the public intensively and it was brilliant to experience such a friendly manner, professional approach and sincere desire to help.

Felipe H. Online

You provided above average support. I look forward to my new experience with the University and am hopeful that you are a reflection of the entire staff; people committed to excellence both in service and support.

Joe R. St. Paul

It is important to me to achieve every goal - and this goal is about my future. Joe - you are the bomb! Actually - you have revved my engines even more and made me so amped about this venture, I have no doubt I will enjoy every minute of it!

Stephanie L. Online

I am so happy that I have you guys, it reassures me that I can do it, and if I feel as though I can't there are people to help.

Chris L. Baton Rouge

You went above and beyond to make sure that I was taken care of. For that, I am grateful. You communicated to me via email, telephone and on campus. You always help me to the best of your knowledge. If you didn't know an answer to a question you went out of your way to get me the right answer.

Missy R. Online

I wish to thank you for one of the nicest pep talks I have ever received. It just finished my day on such a pleasant note. You are an excellent mentor; the reason probably being that you know your material and are sharing it well.

Scott S. San Jose

Scott was very attentative and follow through on all of my questions. He patiently waited until the time was right for me to start my classes, instead of pushing me into the first class available. His took-charge attitude make sure that I felt welcomed and encouraged to succeed in the MBA Program.

Joel W. Online

Since day one he has always been available to answer any concerns that I have had. He has consistently called me on a weekly basis to check in and see how classes are going. His personal contact has given the University of Phoenix Online a good name.

Bianca A. Hawaii

I am pleased to hear that I am an official student of UOP; I had to pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to me and helping me get to where I want to be. Its people like you who help people like me make going back to school a lot more enjoyable and easy.

Faauu M. Western Washington

Faauu did a fabulous job with getting me set up for my first on-line class and deserves many kudos for her effort and support!

Ryan S. Online

I just wanted to shoot you this email to tell you how much your continuing support means to me and how much it has helped me in my success at UOP. The personal interest you take in your students' success is truly commendable.

Jason C. Phoenix

I am attempting college at the age of 48 thanks to Jason. His encouragement and helping hand have meant more to me than you can know. There's not a time his personality has not made me feel wonderful. I don't feel like there are any questions he can't answer for me. You are very lucky person to have Jason on your team.

Ron F. Online

Thank you so much for helping me get adjusted to online learning, the time you spent with me really helped me stay ahead. College has been really enjoyable and I am glad you convinced me to take a chance. A lot of my fellow students were struggling with items I found easy, because you showed me on our walk to class day. Thanks again!

I see students in my class struggling with things Ron taught me at the very beginning of school. Maybe you should review his orientation plan and offer it to all new students; it was exactly what I needed to help me adjust to online learning. The organization skills he taught me are reflected in my current grades.

Ronay D. Dallas

Thank You for taking the time to speak to me in my moment of confusion. The information you sent me was greatly appreciated. Not only did it confirm I was taking the steps in the right direction but it also took away any doubts I was having. Once again, thanks.

Daniel S. Online

It has been a great pleasure going to school. Thank for helping me with understanding my assignments. It sure has been a quick nine weeks. I can not believe that it is almost over. Thanks again for all the help, it was a pleasure working with you.

Lakeisha C. Philadelphia

I would like to thank you for making this such a smooth process. One of the reasons I did not do it sooner was that I did not know where to begin. I did not feel I would be able to figure it all out on my own. It was such a relief to have someone checking that all the paper work was done and in its entirety. Even through I am still nervous, I am looking forward to starting this next phase of my life.

Joseph S. Online

I just got your message! I am so happy I was accepted and even more happy that you put up with me the whole way through! They should give you a raise! I appreciate you JO! You might be the best EVER!

Hannah K. NW Indiana

Thanks so much for being there even after I was so terrible to you. You really are an awesome person, Hannah, and I'm glad to have you for my Enrollment Counselor.

Denise M. Online

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for ALL your help and support during all of this. So thankful you are my counselor.

Mackenzie W. Sacramento

Yes the customer service at Phoenix is second to none! I cannot believe how focused you guys are. At my other university it was sink or swim, but here I've been helped every step of the way! THANK YOU for ALL you have done!

Jaime B. Online

I have been out of school since 2000 and I always knew I had to go back but I just didn't know when. After speaking with Jaime in Feb, I knew that it was time! He is a great motivator and a really personable individual that can make you feel like you have known him for years.

Jordan G. Omaha

Everyone at UOP has been so helpful so far and my enrolment advisor Jordan helped me through the system well. I am happy to meet you and sure I will be needing your assistance down the road.

Rachel R. Online

Rachel, I just want to thank you for helping me with this process and being patient with me. I am glad to have you as my counselor and friend on my new path in life.

Briget G. Fresno

Thank you to everyone, I am impressed with the service that your company is providing. This makes me feel more confident about attending your facility for my educational needs.

Debora P. Online

I wanted to send you this message to let you know that I appreciate you being there whenever I needed a shoulder to complain on. Sometimes it gets a bit tough and you want to just throw in the towel, but your perseverance helps me get through the rough times. Thanks for always being there. You're a real trooper.

Kenny C. San Diego

It was so nice to meet you in person yesterday and assist me personally for reaching my goal. Calling me today got me even more excited attending University of Phoenix.

William C. Online

You really worked diligently and patiently to support me through this very long, tedious, and timely process. Words can't express how excited I am to start and get through this juncture in my life. I am sure that the University of Phoenix realizes how much you are an asset to their staff.

Jasmine C. Phoenix

I really appreciate everything you have done. if it were not for you I would not have enrolled. You should show this to your supervisor, I hope they know what a GEM they have.

Sandy B. Online

I want you to know what a wonderful help Sandy has been in the enrollment process. I know I couldn't have done it without her. She is a great asset to your team as I'm sure you well know.

Elena G. San Diego

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my wonderful experience thus far with the University of Phoenix. Not only am I extremely happy with all faculty members I have been in contact with but I am enjoying and favor the online structure over typical ground classes. I really like the University of Phoenix structure and style of learning. I would also like to emphasize the great impact you have had on me and the positive influence you have had on my decision to return to school. You have been a pleasure to work with and played a big part in my decision to go back to school.

Blaine C. Online

From another EC: Blaine was above the line in talking with me about lead policy and made me feel at ease as a new counselor. Blaine optimizes PRIDE in the company by proving we are in fact a team.

Blair B. Kansas City

She has endured the countless times I said I was signing up and in turn did not. I am extremely grateful that she did not give up on me as I had for myself. After our initial conversation pertaining to my intent, goals and aspirations she has been a true positive motivating force encouraging me to help myself obtain my goals of completing my education.

LaTonya J. Dallas

I just wanted to let you know that you helped me so much and I really appreciate it. I never had anyone take the time and actually help me fill out admission papers and explain to me everything I need to know about college. If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. I will recommend the University of Phoenix to everybody I know who is seeking to further their education

Chris K. Online

The only feedback I have about my enrollment counselor is that if not for his persistence to get me into school, I probably would have kept putting it off. But he called me on a normal basis to check to see when I would be ready and we were able to come up with a start date, which I was able to meet. Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your hard work getting me going.

Brandi T. Indianapolis

I enjoyed the enrollment process. I enjoyed it because it was so laid back and we joked and laughed. I can't think of any way that you could make this process better. You have helped me out so much that it really helps to know that you are there anytime that I need you.

Karl H Online

Making the decision to return to school for yet another degree is not an easy task. Karl has been dedicated to helping make this transition an ease for me. He is always resourceful, prompt with responses and willing to assist me in any way. Karl is one in a million and I just wanted you to know that he is a valuable asset to UOP and your team.

David T. Atlanta

I just want you to know that, David has great potentials in team building and I really appreciate him taking time to walk me through the many applications, and assisting me, with his full capacity. He really made me feel like I have known him forever. He placed me in a comfort zone with the University.

Matt K. San Antonio

Enrollment was pretty easy. Matt explained everything very well and helped us a lot. He helped us to understand most of everything. Some of it we had to learn as we went, but Matt was there to answer any questions we came across. Matt did an awesome job in helping us get started, and he is still doing a great job checking in on us and seeing how we are doing.

Joann J. Online

I am particularly delighted with the service offered to me by Joann my Enrollment Counselor. I appreciate her professional demeanor, product knowledge and great sense of humor!

Julie D. Harrisburg, PA

Just thought I would send a message to tell you again how much I appreciate the way you walked me through the process. I could not have done this without you. You made the experience so much more enjoyable.

Rob W. Online

You have been a significant factor in my success. I can't tell you how much I have appreciated your positive encouragement and especially your understanding during our hurricane trials and tribulations.

Lolita C. Atlanta

She has helped me every step of my way to becoming a transfer student with the University of Phoenix. I am very happy to know that she will be with me throughout my University of Phoenix Experience.

Lee J. Online

Thank you for giving me that extra push in enrolling at UOP. I had a few problems along the way but I learned quickly to ask more questions.

Chad W. West Florida

I enjoyed how friendly you and Andrea were to me during the process. You made me feel very comfortable about my decision to go back to school.

Beth T. Columbus, OH

You have been truly, truly a great help! I only hope to find an instructor with half of you passion and character, then I would be in like flint!

Andrea J. Online

Just wanted to say hello and to tell you that I got an A out of my last class. I am in my 2 week of my 3rd class. Thank you so much for all of your help and support.

Joi C. Atlanta

She really got me motivated to get off my patootie and get started already. She made me feel like I was the only student she was helping, which has to be difficult; as I am sure she has many. She is truly the best, and the reason I would recommend my friends to UOP.

Ray N. Online

Just wanted to take the time to say thank you for all your help. The tips and tools you provided through out the duration of the class made all the difference. I have talked to other students and when I tell them all the help and advice I received from you they were surprised.

Melissa M. NW Indiana

I am doing my best to stay in the A range. I know it is not possible to get A's throughout the whole 20 months but I am going to try my hardest to stay there for as long as I can. Thank you again for all your help and being there for me. I really appreciate it.

Miranda L. Online

Thank you so much for what you have done for me. There are not enough words to express how grateful and lucky I am to have you. From the bottom of my heart I just want to say thank you so much.

Kari P. San Antonio

The enrollment process was very easy and I felt comfortable with all of the information and staff that helped! Pastrano did an awesome job! She really made me feel confident and ready to take on the classes.

Michael I. Online

You know, I'm on my last class before I earn my Assoc. Thanks for all of your help getting me to this point!
Mike man I just can't tell you enough I love you man. You have been so much more than an enrollment counselor for me.
You have made my transition back to school a very smooth process. I actually look forward to the rest of my time to accomplish my goal and all the help that I know you will be.

Marelle S. Columbus, OH

I want to thank you for all of your help with this process. I really appreciate the one on one help you have provided. I know you are taking care of quite a few students but I wanted to let you know that you have made me feel as if I were your only student.

Shane I. Hawaii

He has been a very big help. He showed me how to do things, when I did not know how. He has guided me through the hard times, encouraging me when I wanted to give up. He has been there for me every step of the way, and because of that I am on the path to making something of myself today. I would like to dedicate my first grade from GEN/101l to him. I got a 95.05 which is an A.

Tanika M. Maryland

The enrollment counselor is awesome. Very informative and knowledgeable. Helped walk me through the UOP process with little to no difficulties. She made the transition very easy.
My enrollment counselor was very nice and she was able to walk me through each step of the enrollment process without any problems, which made me feel very special because she took so much time with me making sure that I fully understood each step.

Kathy T. Online

Kathy, you make a great cheerleader!! I really lucked out when I got you as my EA!!! You don't know how much I appreciate you.
Kathy was a great assistance helping me with a Florida online student who's schedule wasn't built and she was supposed to start class tonight. Although we have to roll the student to next week, Kathy was great in calming the student's fears and is a wonderful asset to UOP.

Chad B. Chicago

Chad you are wonderful, I really thank God for you.

Shari K. Maryland

Shari has helped me start to realize my dreams. In the last 24 hours, she has helped me go through doors that were previously closed. I would like to thank Sherry for having my best interest in heart. It is not often you find someone so willing to go the extra mile for a person unknown to her.

Brian B. Online

I just wanted to thank you, Brian for all of your support. It was a bit difficult for me, this was my first time trying to go back to school. Your guidance, patience through the process is greatly appreciated.

Fran B. San Diego

I wanted you to know that Fran is an excellent recruiter, counselor and confidant. I don't know that I would have pursued my education at Phoenix if Fran had not been my contact.

Ty D. Las Vegas

Everyone has been very helpful, you have a great staff. Thanks again for all of your help Ty; I really appreciate it.

Daniel R. Dallas

It was a privilege to work with Daniel in preparation for my class. His dedication and passion for his job shined through. He was so helpful and patient and informative. Thank you ever so much for allowing me to work with Daniel. He is an asset to the University.

Anthony D. San Diego

I want you to know that I am in my 4th year with UOP and have never been provided with such concise and efficient service. I have thanked him for assisting me with my questions and difficult situations and felt that you should know what a great employee you have!

Brian S. Online

He is a wonderful, hard-working person who has practically bent over backwards to help my wife. He has an amazing level of dedication. The University of Phoenix cannot be for its customer service. Very impressed.

Sandra G. Tucson

I sincerely appreciate ALL of your support in my decision making process to return to school I will certainly consider U of Phx again if I decided to return to school for counseling. The Univ. is lucky to have someone like you.
Thank you! I'm lucky to have a counselor like you. You have made all this fast and painless. You're the best! Thanks again.

Andrea A. West Florida

Just wanted to let you know that I applied for participating in this May's graduation ceremony over in Tampa. It's a bit premature, but I wanted to thank you for all you have done. You've been great and very instrumental not just for me but all of your students. Thanks Andrea.

Ludin B. Columbus

Just to let you know that I am doing great.and absolutely loving my classes! I appreciate you everything you have done for me!

Kathy M. West Florida

Kathy has done a superb job with her job and has gone above and beyond getting me started. She has already been an inspiration to me just being there in the beginning first steps. I give her the employee of the year in my book!

Jeremy O. Charlotte

This young man has been diligent, true to his course of action (and kept me on course), timely, and efficient. I don't know what drives Jeremy, his salary, his heart, a commission, or whatever. This is what I know: Jeremy is kind, caring, knowledgable, efficient, and amiable.

Clyde S. Maryland

I know enrollment counselors have busy schedules but Clyde took time out of his to make sure I got through my first class and to make sure a few of my classmates did as well. If partnerships between enrollment counselors and students are strong the way Clyde and his students are then student's chances of success will skyrocket.

Princess W. Charlotte

Thank you. I really am appreciative of all the support you've shown me thus far. You have made the enrollment experience a very pleasant one.

Tony D. Dallas

Receiving that great customer/student service today has made me really realized that I have chose the right university for my graduate program.

Mark E. Online

Melissa G. San Antonio

My enrollment process was fine, everyone was very helpful in the beginning and have been very helpful up until now. I could not have enrolled in a better college. My counselor is just great! I really would like to take the opportunity to thank her and everyone else who has helped me make my lifetime dream come true, continuing with my education, for this has been a goal I have tried to accomplish for many years.
My counselor, Melissa Guster, was very efficient and helpful. She supplied me with valuable information on the curriculum. I have been well informed of your program and am delighted to be a student at the University of Phoenix.

Nicole S. Richmond

I am really enjoying myself. I wish I had known a long time ago how easy and convenient it would be. Being a student at Phoenix University is awesome. I feel privileged and blessed to be a student who can work all day and then go to class. No traffic, no fighting for a parking place and last but not least most of my classmates are older adults like me.

Nicole Blunk Online

I do not believe without your help my first class would have gone as well as it did. Your continued dedication to call me and check-in with me has made all the difference. Had you not continued to follow up with me I am not sure I would be starting school again.

Demetra P. Phoenix

Just wanted to say thank you once again for your help in getting me back on track today. I feel more confident in what I am doing and how to navigate around the web site. It is a credit to your company that you show such concern for each individual student. It made me feel like I was the only one in class!
I am writing to let you know how thankful I am for you helping me in whatever possible. You have such a very understanding spirit and you have left such an impression on my life.
Thank you for all your patience and help. I appreciate all your help and willingness to see the registration process is done right.

Brian S. Online

Brian has been extremely helpful to me since I have started at UOP. Brian always makes sure to follow up with me to see if everything is going well and answer any questions I may have. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that you had a wonderful employee working for you.

Jasmine C. Phoenix

I really appreciate everything you have done. If it were not for you I would not have enrolled.

Latisha K. Online

I did in fact look at other online programs but really the final decision for me was the personalized attention I received from the start with the enrollment process. Latisha answered all of my questions about returning to college and made me feel like a rock star. What an asset to your college she is.

Tina M. Maryland

From our initial contact Tina exhibited professionalism. [She] was eager to provide assistance and superb customer service. I know I have made the right decision in choosing the University Phoenix. Thank you Tina for your assistance and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Pat R. San Antonio

Pat was very informative, helpful, and most importantly, friendly. That made my transition back to school much better. Pat made sure I knew the ins and outs of the online experience. She met with me a few days before class began and showed me how it all works.

Matthew S. Sacramento

Thanks for encouraging us to stay in the program. It has not been easy...but well worth the effort.

Julia M. Philadelphia

Thank you for always being concerned and on top of things. I really appreciate you as a person. Since I began the University of Phoenix you have kept in contact with me. Just to let you know, I am equally as excited as I was the day I started if not more because now, I am just that much clo

Some people just want to complain

AUTHOR: Christina - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, July 27, 2007

After reading some of these horrible opinions I now feel compelled to write in defense of my experience at UOP-Axia. I received my Asscoaites degree from Axia and am now in their Bachelors program. My financial aid has never been messed up and I have spoken to many classmates over the past 3 years and they say the same thing. When a school, any school, has as many students as this school does there are bound to be negative complainers. I am not saying that it is not possible for there to be screw-ups, there can be with that many people. Can you think of a time when you may have gone to McDonalds and they screwed up your order and you say "I am never going to McDonalds again becuase the forgot my fries?" No, you wouldn't. What if your co-workers said that every single time they went to McDonalds they forgot his fries then would you stop going? Probably not. Why ? Because the opinion that one person has doesn't make that your opinion. At least it shouldn't. You go by your experience and if your own experience was horrible then maybe I would listen. But so many people look at this site and they think well if a total stranger says it stinks then it must really stink, that is so stupid. have a mind of your own and check out how many people this school has helped. A few hundred whiners compared to hundreds of thousands happy students should not influence the minority. I rec'd an excellent education from UOP and I thank goodness they were there to help me when other schools, who by the way have their own issues, were careless with my finanical aid and never even helped me through my courses like Axia did.

Amen Sister!

Sandra,

You said, "David said that the court was against any sign of capitalism." All due respect Sandra, anybody can come to an anonymous website and post anything they like. Here is the issue, UOP's business practices and treatment of students, not world peace, capitalism, islam, christianity, communism etc... So, again, who cares what anyones personal opinion is? All we can discuss are the facts as we are able to substantiate them.

Here's an example, Dave works for a company whos Corporate Director of Enrollment, according to a U.S. Department of Education review, said to a meeting of employees that UOPs payment scheme for recruiters was "smoke and mirrors" so the school could "fly under the radar" of the U.S. Department of Education. This agency is charged, in part, with protecting the interests of students. Schools like the UOP are not allowed to pay recruiters commissions based solely on the number of students they recruit, as this could lead to consumers who aren't qualified or are misled being encouraged to enroll.

But the U.S. Department of Education found UOP was violating incentive compensation prohibitions and(UOP paid a 9.8 million settlement to the Dept based on this review) then attempted to hide this scheme from the USDOE.

When you have a company where the director of enrollment, one of the top leaders, openly talks about "smoke and mirrors" and "flying under the radar" of a government agency, what message will rank and file employees hear? That they should be honest and ethical, or that its ok to decieve and mislead?

SO when a UOP employee comes on here giving an opinion we should all remember the words of this UOP leader, and take what UOP's employees say with a good degree of skepticism....

The subject of capitalism

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, July 26, 2007

David said that the court was against any sign of capitalism. When did capitalism mean cheating honest people out of a lot of money? I once thought that capitalism meant living in a free country that gave everyone a chance at just an affordeable living standard. Now I have found that capitalism means " cheating consumers fairly." We make fun of and humiliate those with honest jobs waiting on tables or working as cashiers, and we admire and respect those that cheat and lie their way through life and use capitalism as an excuse to rip off the public. UOP is not the only self serving company that has used capitalism and naive trust to steal.
What is really going on here, is an employee trying to justify and trap victims with idle threats and intimidatioin to just shut up. Accept that they have been cheated with grace and dignity.

To the employees that are emailing responses, why not find out if the individual cases are accurate and can be amended with answers from the college president or the many stockholders?Flip answers and intimidating language is not the way to help the situation, and it will not quiet the complaints.

Use the education that UOP is proud of to resolve the situation.

It's about credibility Dave...

POSTED: Thursday, July 26, 2007

What you posted appears to be either an intentional or accidental, though reckless effort, to shade the bad facts about an upcoming lawsuit. A lawsuit that in the words of UOP's failed appeal to the US Supreme Court, could bankrupt the school. You said the following,

"an old law suit that had been thrown out..." Why would you refer to it as "an old law suit" being thrown out, if not to give a misleading impression?

This follows another attempt by a person claiming to be a UOP employee, claiming the NYT article that's harsh towards the UOP was retracted, information she claimed came from her superiors. She said this numerous times on this message board, but ran away when called on the obvious truth.

This kind of effort gives the appearance that when there is unfavorable information there's an attempt to attack the source rather than face the nature of the problem. These kinds of attempts hurt both your credibility and your message. SO the next time you make a claim Dave, will folks wonder if what your wrote is totally accurate, or if you've left something out?

Same case...

POSTED: Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My point was that people keep referring to the same two articles, and do not present any new info... so the ninth circus... I mean... circuit court of appeals gives false hope to these disgruntled ex-employees... it's still the same case! And back to my point: this still does not mean the world is out to get UOP. By the way, the ninth circus court is the most liberal and biased court in the county, and they will do anything to down any symbols of successful American capitalism. Here is some information on the "most reversed court in the country:"

For example, critics have charged for years that the San Francisco-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is far outside of the judicial mainstream. They have accused the Ninth, which hears cases from nine western states and two Pacific territories, of being unabashedly activist and rewriting the law based on personal convictions while ignoring both plain text and clear precedent in order to advance a liberal agenda. Defenders have responded that there is no firm evidence to support such accusations while praising the Ninth's progressiveness.

"For the most part, both sides have focused on anecdotal evidence and individual cases to support their respective points of view because there have been few comprehensive analyses showing how far the Ninth Circuit has wandered. That is, until now.

A recent statistical study we co-authored for the Center for Individual Freedom Foundation reveals that the Ninth Circuit accounts for a wildly disproportionate share of the Supreme Court's docket and is the most reversed court in the country. Defenders of the Ninth will no doubt dismiss these findings as a non-story. After all, a "conservative majority" controls the Supreme Court, they will say, so it's no surprise that the more liberal Ninth is the most frequently reversed."

Source: centerforindividualfreedom.org/media/ninth-and-last.htm

Plus, it seems newspapers and other news media sources keep re-running this old story making it sound current. The decision to reinstate the lawsuit by the ninth circus happened on September 5, 2006... and the LA times reruns it in April without updating the text? Man, are newspapers desperate or what?

The problem Dave....

POSTED: Monday, July 23, 2007

when making the following claim is that the one can instantly confirm the nature of your claims via the internet. You said,

"There is an article in the NYT and an old law suit that had been thrown out and you claim the world is out to get UOP?"

Here is what the LA Times said in April 07

"Case against University of Phoenix stands
The Supreme Court refuses to throw out a False Claims Act lawsuit alleging loan fraud.
The L.A. Times
April 24, 2007

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rebuffed entreaties from the University of Phoenix to throw out a massive suit charging the nation's largest accredited private university with defrauding the government of millions of dollars in federal education loan funds.

The suit was filed in 2003 under the False Claims Act by two former employees who alleged that the school, which offers degrees to midcareer workers, violated federal rules that bar giving incentives to employees to recruit students to enroll in the college."

Another UOP employee came here claiming the New York Times article you claim to be bogus was "retracted", that she was informed about this from UOP leaders. She ran away when confronted with the falseness of her claim. Now you claim the New York Times did the article "Troubles Grow for a University Built on Profits" because they are jealous of your school? Sounds like you folks don't like this article, wonder why?????

Come on!

POSTED: Thursday, July 19, 2007

Investigative reporter? There is an article in the NYT and an old law suit that had been thrown out and you claim the world is out to get UOP? Get real. The only reason the NYT wrote an article is because of UOP's shear size and traditional college's envy. UOP hasn't been around since 1978 and have 300,000 currently enrolled students by scamming people.

By the way, have fun watching Super Bowl XLII at University of Phoenix Stadium on February 3, 2008: universityofphoenixstadium. Maybe you can get tickets and a megaphone and tell the more than 70,000 attendants that UOP is a scam! To bad you missed the UOP graduation ceremony at UOP Stadium on July 6th and 7th; it would have been a great opportunity to tell the 30,000 students and their family members they all just got scammed.

POSTED: Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune with the UOP. Take a look at the complaints on this school, do you really think you will ever get your money back? You should probably chock this up to experience and kiss the money goodbye.

There are reasons the UOP is facing a lawsuit that could cost the school 100s of millions of dollars, or that it made the front page in the New York Times for a story entitled, "Troubles Grow for a University Built on Profits." The word is out on this school, but you can help spread it, and save someone else your heartache. Write to your local investigative reporter, email your congressman, tell anyone with ears.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair