Complaint Review: Baby Bear Construction - Morristown New Jersey

• Baby Bear Construction
    18 Macculloch Avenue
    Morristown, New Jersey
    United States

Baby Bear Construction Took money for work they never completed and kept it! Morristown New Jersey

Couldn't possibly have had a worse experience with this company.  We hired them to add about 1000 sq feet to our house.  This is a bump out and add a level on a 100 year old house.  My pregnant wife and I needed more room for the baby.  Not a simple job, but it shouldn't be a problem for a real construction company.

I think they quoted 6 months to finish the job, not sure on that one though.  It started out okay, they tore out our kitchen and dining room which was part of the area being renovated.  They ripped off the deck which was part of the deal too, that's where the bump out was occurring.  Then forever they couldn't dig because it was rainy.

When they finally did dig a little tiny hole for the foundation, they found a tiny hole in the existing foundation, so they stopped completely and the foundation needed to be assessed. [continued below]....

.....  They came back with a quote of around $60k to fix the damaged area, this was way out of budget and completely out of the ballpark of what it should have cost.

After months of getting jerked around, we decided to fire them, after they had received about $22k for, in my estimation, about $6k worth of work, none of the money was returned and the services never rendered.  Around when they were getting let go, they came back and said they could fix the foundation problem for around $10k, but I was already done with them by then.

Because of them, I had to cut a lot of corners to get the job done, using really sketchy contractors that the bank consultant knew to get some of the job done because of the money we lost.  They were really concerned about trying to get us to sign something that said we wouldn't write anything about them online, we weren't going to sign anything.  The whole time they were trying to get our architect to work on other projects with them.  He didn't help them out with any business based on our job.

They left a pile of debris that they left in my yard that I will need to pay to have removed.  The owner threatened legal action against me for truthfully reviewing him on Angie's List and Yelp.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2018 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/baby-bear-construction/morristown-new-jersey-07960/baby-bear-construction-took-money-for-work-they-never-completed-and-kept-it-morristown-n-1455767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content