X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Back Thru The Future Computer Recycling - Ogdensburg New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Rockaway New Jersey
  • Back Thru The Future Computer Recycling 150 Main Street Ogdensburg, New Jersey U.S.A.

Back Thru The Future Computer Recycling Inc Scam Recycle Computer Company Sold deceptive goods, broke promises Ogdensburg New Jersey

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am a small business, Computer Services company that is now selling refurbished computers. I contacted Back thru the future Computer Recycling company to purchase some computers for resale.

The Sales Guy Rich, had the computers in a dirty box all piled together. He was telling me not to worry about anything that if there was any problems there was a 30 day warranty. He was telling me how every computer is checked out ...well

The first thing they do is charge me an extra 30.00 and tell me that they can not refund it but will credit my account. I thought that was kind of scamish, but I have faith in business, since they need good ccustomer support to survive in this world.

It gets better, he sells me a computer that is all boxed up ready to ship, right, will lucky for me I opened it up before I left, because I could not get it into my car. There was no computer in the box. Just an old monitor.

So I take the laptops home. And find out there are a ton of problems with them some have CMOS errors, others the floppy drives are stuck so bad that if you pulled them out you might wreck the insides. None of the CD ROMS worked. Its not that I am technically unable to work with computers. My success rate is 99 % of my clients machines, thats what I do is repair.

I even give it a second opinion with 2 other technical professionals , they say return. You didnt get what you payed for. SO I call up and the sales guy is no problem will take care of you. I even offer to buy more computers. And give them more money.

He calls back says theres bad news we cant sell you the computers because your not buying 50. I am spending over 500 dollars , thats what it says on there website.

Anyway I was a first time customer and tell you how stupid these people are. I planed to do 50,000 in sales my first year increasing there bottom line. Now I buy from a diffrent source that is reall professional outfit, very personable. They say there going to refund my money but they have to charge a restocking fee of 75.00. I cant beleive there charging me this when they sold me broken computers. If I was able to run across a reveiw of this company I would of never tried to do business with them. I hope this helps out at least one person thinking of even calling them. STAY AWAY, its not worth it. They hAVE CHEAP PRICES BUT ITS WORTH SPENDING A LITTLE MORE AND GETTING A COMPUTER THAN A PILE OF METAL AND PLASTIC

John
Rockaway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2004 05:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/back-thru-the-future-computer-recycling/ogdensburg-new-jersey-07866/back-thru-the-future-computer-recycling-inc-scam-recycle-computer-company-sold-deceptive-g-114226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair