X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: george — franklin United States
  • BANK OF AMERICA United States

BANK OF AMERICA BANK OF AMERICA Bank of america is to be avoided. Scam, rip off Bank! Nationwide

*Author of original report: You cannot speak for me.

*Consumer Comment: Common Sense

*General Comment: So basically...

Had Bank of America for a awhile and they have got worse and worse through the years. This was last straw for me. Sometimes its easier to stick with a bank then go through the whole process again but I should have. They mislead you into getting the wrong account for you and charge you ridiculous fees every month if you go under the minimum. They have no option for people who cant hold the minimum and the accounts they do have to choose from are never communicated or offered they will automatically put you on the account that makes them the most money. They have representatives that give you the wrong information as they did me and then take your money out of your account you were never aware of. They scam and mislead. When I had an issue with them charging my account a new fee every month I asked for them to wave the fees because they had me in the wrong account when I closed m y old one. Obvious misunderstanding and I was not aware they had me in a different account plan this time but when I asked to have the charges waived they refused and would not help. They took my hard earned money that was 15 dollars more than they used to and then wouldn't return it. They have every ability to fix these issues but they refuse to because they do not care they just care about how much money they can get and will mislead you. I have heard bad things about this bank and I should have stopped supporting them years ago they could care less about their customers. They had no reason or explanation why they couldn't refund my money for the mistake they made. Typical scam bank.

Do not support this bank they are ruthless owners and supervisors that don't know how to do good business and keep customers. I regret ever letting them have a dime of mine. Other banks friends and family use never have the issues I had with them. Scam bank period just avoid them and don't give them your hard earned money they will do anything they can to get away with it. Customer service representatives are ignorant and robotic. They would rather scam and take what they can from you then be fair and professional and keep their customer which in return would still make money off them..idiots. instead they are loosing customers for ripping them off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2018 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-america/-/bank-of-america-bank-of-america-bank-of-america-is-to-be-avoided-scam-rip-off-bank-nati-1459219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You cannot speak for me.

AUTHOR: sara - (United States)

POSTED: Saturday, September 08, 2018

Yolu can not speak for someone elses experience and  your a liar you are associated with bank of america because you wouldnt know how my account was open and more importantly you wouldnt be defending bank of america .Your ignorance is obvious. Its called doing your job properly there are actually other banks and businesses that do this I have one it is because they hire smart individuals that know what they are doing for customer support and dont try to pull scams.  Not how it works I was suppose to continue having the same type of account iand YES IT IS A RIP OF BANK OF AMERICA IS. you are the ones who made the mistake for that issue. Should treat customers right and you wont get a bad reputation.End of story. Get a life. Bank of America is not a bank for america.

Common Sense

AUTHOR: The Dog - (United States)

POSTED: Monday, September 03, 2018

Since YOU knew there was a minimum balance requirement, why did you agree to open that type of account???

#1 General Comment

So basically...

AUTHOR: Walter - (United States)

POSTED: Monday, September 03, 2018

So basically you're telling us that you couldn't take the time to check online as to what account fees there are and how to avoid them. You also couldn't take the time to read the paperwork you signed for the new account to see what the fees are. The days of fee free checking are over. These days you have to comply with the ways to avoid the fees, and BOA's are not that hard for a Core checking account.  Sorry but not a rip off, just you not taing the time to educate yourself. And to save you the time, NO I don't work for them.