X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Hardy — Miami United States
  • Bank of America Miami, Florida, United States

Bank of America Sided with merchant for illegally charging my cc Miami Florida,

BOA , as I can see from another report here same company as the other report sided with the merchant in collecting illegal charges on my credit card. The skin cream company named, ( 2 names) Violet Rise Skin Cream and Waylight Skin Care sent me an email with an Amazon background logo. I had assumed they were with Amazon as a vendor. I was wrong. They offered skin cream called Biosilk age defying cream, just pay 4.95 shipping 14 days free trial. When i buy anything on the internet I use my Amex cc. For security reasons. Amex to me is the best but this company would not except Amex. So after i filled all the info to purchase I backed out of the screen and I figured that was that. No It Wasn't! 5 minutes after I left the screen I get a phone call from the representative of the cream company asking me if I was still interested in purchasing the cream. Unfortunately I said yes and gave him my Visa card #. I found out later that the phone number was undisclosed and didn't match the 866 # on the charges. The representative did not disclose the terms of conditions or ask my age. He took my cc # and double charged me for 2 products when I was only interested in one. They said they would send me an email with their info they never did ( how convenient).

I began receiving shipments that came in an undisclosed box no contact info no way to call the Co. to cancel the order. They shipped me 6 times and I returned all the boxes retun to sender. Two of the boxes I sent back through the post office. Apparently they only received back one box and the rest were lost by the post office. Hard to believe! So when i received the box with contact info for the Company i called them angry that they didn't send me contact info so I could cancel....As with the other previously reported complaint same Co. I'm sure. They said they were sorry and would credit my card for last shipped and discontinue shipping that never happened! Bank of America sided with the merchant first they credited my account then they uncredited my account. Amazing they sent me 3 letters with copies from the merchant explaining the reason I should still be charged. Amazing that BOA would do this to me. This was the very first time I used the card. How convenient for them.

I believe that BOA sold or gave my email address to these crooks knowingly and both BOA and the merchant are involved in a scheme to steal. BOA benefits from the interest and fee and the merchant from selling me the product at an inflated 300 percent compared to market price anywhere else. Plus they double charged my card and only sent me one item knowing full well that BOA wouldn't contest the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2018 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-america/miami-florida/bank-of-america-sided-with-merchant-for-illegally-charging-my-cc-miami-florida-1439152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content