X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Baptist Health - Montgomery Alabama

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: montgomery Alabama
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Baptist Health 2055 East South Blvd. Montgomery, Alabama U.S.A.

Baptist Health refusing emergency care to the indigent victimized many consumers Montgomery Alabama

*Author of original report: Baptist Health Violates EMTALA Act Refusing Care To Indigent Patients

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I went to Baptist South ER about a month ago to seek emergency care for a breathing problem and severe coughing and was told that unless I paid billing 300.00 dollars right then that I was going to have to leave.

I did pay the money, but uncovered a Discriminatory policy that flies in the face of all existing federal laws regulating tax exempt hospitals who have to provide
ER care to the indigent.

I was told this by the doctor, Henry Kurusz M.D. who treated me like dirt. I did pay that visit and then was billed an additional 144.00. I was given nothing for my hard earned money but some cough syurp and antibiotics. One month later when my new coverage began, I was diagnosed W/ asthma...

Help please!!!!

David
Montgomery, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2003 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/baptist-health/montgomery-alabama-36116/baptist-health-refusing-emergency-care-to-the-indigent-victimized-many-consumers-montgomer-51888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Baptist Health Violates EMTALA Act Refusing Care To Indigent Patients

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I went to Baptist Health about a month ago to seek emergency care for a brething problem and severe coughing.The doctor "Henry Kurusz M.D." told me he did not consider my problem to be an emergency.

He then told me before he would check me out i would have to pay a 300.00 deposit.I paid the deposit and he still did not diagnose me. He sent in a nurse with a scrip for cough syrup and and an antibiotic.

He told me flat out that "If you had blue cross blue shield i could help you."When i was @ the pharmacy getting the scrip filled that night after leaving very nice lady in the said that it sounded like i needed an inhaler.

I bought one and got relief. When i got my new insurance policy and went to a real Docter i was diagnosed after a simple breathing test with asthma.

I was @ the er with a asthma attack and because of the lack of medical coverage i was treated like dirt.Plus i just recieved a bill for another 144.00.

This is a tax exempt institution recieving federal medicare money and is required by law to offer er services regardles of the ability of the patient to pay.This is an illegal and discrimanatory policy that can not
go unchallenged.

help!!!!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair