X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Bartley Garage - Charleston Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Charleston Illinois
  • Bartley Garage 814 18th St Charleston, Illinois U.S.A.

Bartley Garage Total ripoff! DO NOT GET CAR FIXED HERE Charleston Illinois

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I Visited Bartley Garage when my brakes my failed. I had Bartley's Garage tow my car to their garage and asked them not to do any work because i am a poor college student and to call me with an estimate. Bartley Garage called me with a $700 estimate, spitting off prices like $100 to replace each drum and such, a ridiculous amount.

After calling around to find out exactly how much of a ripoff it was, i decided to change mechanics. Bartley's charged me $210 for the tow and taking my brakes apart. I found also later that they had beat one drum and blowtorched it so badly that though it hadn't needed replaced when i brought it in, it had to afterwards.

When the other mechanic/tow truck service came to tow the car we attempted to push the car out of their garage and the owner tried to close the door on us coming very closely to one of the tow truck man's neck and nearly smashing me in the head. When my mother called to complain they told my mother that i was a liar and that they were not rude whatsoever....then hung up on her.

Bartley's Garage is full of crooks, trying to get money out of people they think know nothing about cars and taking advantage of college students.

Tabitha
Charleston, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2005 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bartley-garage/charleston-illinois-61920/bartley-garage-total-ripoff-do-not-get-car-fixed-here-charleston-illinois-136165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair