X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: BB&T BANK & David A. Bennett - Frederick Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Wellsville Oh
  • BB&T BANK & David A. Bennett 1305 West 7th Street, Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T BANK & David A. Bennett ripoff- Use of Bank Stationery to embarass and Harass Family member Frederick Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Helpful Info

*Consumer Suggestion: Things you can do!

*Consumer Suggestion: Things you can do!

On June 29, 2002 I had to go to my post office to pick up a certified letter from BB&T Bank( who I have no business dealings with since there are none in OHIO)to find that my brother who works for this company sent a harassing letter to me concerning the care of our 79 year old mother who my husband and I have had to be soley responsible to care for since March 2000 with NO HELP from this party. To be embarrassed in my small community with such a mailing that would give postal employees handeling my mail that I was in financial trouble with a BANK that I HAVE NO DEALINGS WITH is appalling and if this can be done by their employees to innocent people not involved with this Banking Company then I have to ask HOW ARE CUSTOMERS TREATED?

Deboraha
Wellsville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2002 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbt-bank-david-a-bennett/frederick-maryland-21702/bbt-bank-david-a-bennett-ripoff-use-of-bank-stationery-to-embarass-and-harass-family-23756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Helpful Info

AUTHOR: John - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, July 02, 2002
I know for a fact that the use of company letterhead for personal use is strictly against
BB&T's company policy. The employee who used it in the manner described could be and should be fired. Contact the office where the employee works and ask for the Financial Center Manager or Leader. My experience is that BB&T is a quality company, ethically managed. I think that would want to know about this incident.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Things you can do!

AUTHOR: April - ()

POSTED: Monday, July 01, 2002
I can almost bet that BB & T had no idea this had taken place. Sadly though, I wonder how many other people, employees have done this to.

What was done to you is against Federal laws. Serious lawsuits can result form this, firing of the employee, and even a lawsuit to the employee from the company, itself.

You need to contact BB & T's main office. Their number is 336-773-2000. Their address is 200 West Second Street Winston-Salem, NC 27102 and web site @ www.bbandt.com. (on the site their is a complaint form)If you mail them, send copies of everything you recieved on their stationary, personal information you can black out, even send the envelope (if you have it). All this is to prove to the company that this occured. You may even want to send it certified return recite requested, especially if you want to bring suit against your family member or the bank itself.

Hopefully, the company does something about the situation. If not, contact your Attorney General, I asure you something will definatley be done then. Good Luck!

#1 Consumer Suggestion