Complaint Review: BeatPriceCameras - Brooklyn New York

• BeatPriceCameras
    1938 McDonald Ave
    Brooklyn, New York

BeatPriceCameras Ripoff, dishonest, scam, fraud Brooklyn New York

I purchased a Sony Digital Camera which was advertised at $315. After placing the order I received an e-mail stating that I needed to call and verify the order. The salesperson named Scott, told me that this camera came with a 1 hour battery and I could get a 5 hour battery for $59. I agreed. When I received the camera there was an invoice for $698. The invoice had no detail. Numerous attempts to contact the company have been futile (placed on hold for 1-2 hours) and all e-mails have gone unanswered. In addition, I looked at the specific camera on over 20 other retailers, including Sony. The battery which they stated was a 5 hour battery is the battery which is supplied with the camera and is the ONLY battery which is available for the camera. These guys are absolutely scam artists and in my case, they have probably broken one or more laws. I now notice that they are under investigation by the FBI Internet Crime Bureau.

Bob
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2007 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/beatpricecameras/brooklyn-new-york-11223/beatpricecameras-ripoff-dishonest-scam-fraud-brooklyn-new-york-248259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content