Complaint Review: Ben Franklin Tax Service - Cleveland Ohio

• Ben Franklin Tax Service
    12416 Euclid Avenue
    Cleveland, Ohio
    United States of America

Ben Franklin Tax Service $100 Tax Prep is a joke-Hidden fees and lies Cleveland, Ohio

*Author of original report: RETRACTION

I went a couple weeks ago and had my taxes done by them.  This week, I got my refund deposited and it was more than $100 taken out by them.  I called and talked to Mark, who did my taxes, and he was arrogant and talked like I was stupid saying that there was a fee for taking the preparation fees out of my refund and I should know that.  Why would I?  The ads on the radio and billboards all say $100 ANY return.

This has got to be false advertising or something.  I'm not sure what exactly it is but I know it's shady business and won't ever go back there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2011 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ben-franklin-tax-service/cleveland-ohio-44106/ben-franklin-tax-service-100-tax-prep-is-a-joke-hidden-fees-and-lies-cleveland-ohio-697378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RETRACTION

AUTHOR: NunyaBiz - (United States of America)

I AM RETRACTING THIS REPORT AS RIPOFF REPORT WILL NOT REMOVE IT, DUE TO THEIR POLICIES.  I WAS EMPLOYED BY THE PARENT COMPANY OF BEN FRANKLIN TAX AND TERMINATED.  I BELIEVE IT TO BE UNFAIR AND WAS ANGRY WHEN I SUBMITTED THIS REPORT.  I CAN ATTEST THAT BEN TAX DOES OFFER TAX PREPARATION FOR $100.

AS A CONDITION OF THIS RETRACTION, I DO EXPECT THE OWNER TO KEEP HIS WORD AND PAY ME MY FINAL PAYCHECK AND REIMBURSEMENTS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2011, WHICH WILL BE PICKED UP BY MY HUSBAND BETWEEN 9 AND 10 A.M. PER MY CONTACT WITH MANAGEMENT TO DO SO.