X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Bender Ball - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: na New York
  • Bender Ball www.benderball.com Internet U.S.A.

Bender Ball scam Van Nuys California

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I saw the infomercial for the Bender Ball online. I though it sounded like it would be helpful and put less stress on my back. I went online to www.benderball.com.
I was looking at the different products and packages they offered. I decided on the most basic package they offered: the bender ball, a manual, a dvd workout and a free dvd. So, I after reading the paragraph telling me all that is inculded in the package I added it to my cart. The package costs $12.98. The basic shipping (2 weeks) cost $7.93. I needed my bender ball before I went away to school so I choose the 3-5 day delivery which was $14.32, so the shipping was more than the product (and from what i hear the package hardly weighs anything).

The next day I went online to the bender ball site to track my order. The site simply asks for your phone number or last name and area code. When I typed in either information, it came up with an error message asking for a valid zip code. While I was on the site I went back through the ordering process and realized that after adding the product to the cart, the short paragraph about what it includes changes. While your typing in your credit card number the paragraph changes and says that you are also purchasing a subscription for $19.99 a month plus $6.99 S&H for two more workouts every other month. (why two workouts cost two payments of $19.99 is beyond me) It does say however you can cancel at any time, providing you notice.

I attempted to contact customer service but was left on hold for a half hour before i finally hung up. So, i tried emailing the company to find out why i couldnt track my order and to cancel the subscription. All i got is an email saying they got my email and they would contact me in 24 hours.

Three days later I received a generic email saying my package was shipped. Five days later I still have no ball, no way to track it, no response via email, and no one taking my call through their 1800 number.
Now, It's been two weeks and i still have no package (even though i paid an extra $14 to have it here in 5 days). I called customer service and finally got a answer after 20 minutes. The man on the line didn't speak english well at all so when i tried to tell him my complaint and ask him where my package was he continuously told me I was breaking up and he couldn't hear me. so i had to speak ridiculously slow.

At the end of the conversation he basically told me I would get my package tomorrow (which i doubt), he was sorry and that he cancelled my subscription. well see what happens. If i didnt have to pay S&H i would send the ball right back as soon as i get it (if i ever do).

Erika
na, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 10:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bender-ball/internet/bender-ball-scam-van-nuys-california-303187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair