X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Becca — El DoradoHills United States
  • Best Buy 7601 Penn Ave S Richfield, MN United States

Best Buy Sold me an obsolete Refurbished MacBook, that wasn’t refurbished, for twice the amount it’s worth. Richfield MN

I purchased a refurbished MacBook for my son’s birthday, unaware of their 15 day return policy, and also not know much about computers. I figured I was safe buying from a company like Best Buy, as oposed to eBay. I didn’t give it to my son right away, because it was a gift. After he spent a week with it, he felt bad telling me that it was really glitchy and slow, and doesn’t operate off of the charge cord (they advertised 7 hour battery life) and he needs that for school.

At that point we contacted Best Buy, a month past purchase, and they informed us of their return policy. I told them, I understand the policy, but this product is defective as purchased. It’s a late 2011 model computer, which means it could be 8 years old, it doesn’t take an Apple update because it’s too old, when I explained this to them, they said I could get it repaired under warranty. I told them I didn’t want to have it repaired, I wanted to return it.

I looked online to try to sell it, the same computer that I paid $650 for, was selling for $200-$300. I have tried to contact chase, but they didn’t help me, and I contacted consumer affairs. This happened back in October 24, my first contact with them was November 22. This has been an ongoing thing, now I am stuck with the computer, stuck making the payments, and I can’t even buy my son a co outer that works. Please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2019 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy/richfield-mn-55423/best-buy-sold-me-an-obsolete-refurbished-macbook-that-wasnt-refurbished-for-twice-th-1474643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content