X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Best Life and Health Insurance Company - Irvine California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Doug — Grand Rapids Michigan
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Best Life and Health Insurance Company 2505 McCabe Way Irvine, California USA

Best Life and Health Insurance Company Paid for Dental Insurance and received no cards. Irvine California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I signed up for Denal Insurance from Best Life and Health Insurance Company in December 2013.  It is now May 1st, I've been billed for the insurance and have yet to receive my cards so that my dentist can bill.  Each month since December, I have called and waited at least one half hour on hold each time before I was able to get a human to speak with.

I'm told each time that the cards are going out "tomorrow", but month after month the cards don't show up.  I spoke with a reprentative today who, once again, told me that the cards will go out "tomorrow".  I asked them to start my coverage in May instead of January, February, March or April since they didn't provide me any cards or service during those months but was told that they cannot change my effective date.

This has resulted in me being billed for months where I've had no coverage and I'm continuing to be billed and have been told that they cannot cancel my policy.  In effect, they are billing me month after month for dental insurance and providing me nothing and are unwilling to cancel my policy so I will continue to be billed with no end in sight.

When I told the representative that I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau, the representative hung up on me.  At this point, I'm likely going to have to get a lawyer in order to get them to stop billing me.

I also had my dentist try to contact them in order to determine if I have coverage and to get instructions for billing but were unable to get anyone at the number Best Life provides for dental providers.  When I spoke to the customer service representative at Best Life today, I was told that that number (which is supposedly the one printed on their cards) isn't working and gave me an alternate number.

This appears to be a scam and not a legitimate insurance company, which I'm stunned by as I originally signed up through Healthcare.gov.  I would have thought that the government would have made sure that they were legitimate before offering their dental insurance through the healthcare exchange.

I also filed a report a couple months with the Better Business Bureau and Best Life has yet to respond.  They obviously don't care about customer satisfaction and will do all they can to keep collecting your money without providing you anything.

Avoid Best Life and Health Insurance Company as they will bill you month after month, won't let you cancel and won't provide you with anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-life-and-health-insurance-company/irvine-california-92614/best-life-and-health-insurance-company-paid-for-dental-insurance-and-received-no-cards-i-1143237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair