X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: bettortrader.com - bettor Trader - Bettortrader - KevinRiddell - NSW Australia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Surfers Paradise Other
  • bettortrader.com - bettor Trader - Bettortrader - KevinRiddell 40 Roses Rd ,Federal NSW, Australia Australia
  • Phone: 02-66884488
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

The changes that were made to the Fair Trading Act, which commenced in August last year, made it easier for Fair Trading to bring rogue traders to heel. Historically, the Office of Fair Trading would have to apply to the Supreme Court to commence action against a trader in a case like this. Now the onus of proof is on traders to substantiate their claims or they may face prosecution through the Local Court system. Vulnerable consumers are susceptible to get-rich-quick schemes, wellbeing products and promises of eternal youth. While Fair Trading is actively taking on advertisers who make claims that may lure unsuspecting consumers into parting with their money, consumers also need to be on their guard. In the past 12 months Fair Trading has received 23 complaints about claims or behaviour by traders relating to wealth creation and get-rich-quick schemes.

While we would all like to believe that advertisements are always truthful, consumers should keep in mind that if an offer seems too good to be true it probably is. These amendments to the Fair Trading Act give greater protection to unsuspecting consumers by enabling Fair Trading to act quickly before significant detriment can occur.

Raceman
Surfers Paradise
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bettortradercom-bettor-trader-bettortrader-kevinriddell/nsw-australia-2481/bettortradercom-bettor-trader-bettortrader-kevin-riddell-has-breeched-nsw-fair-trad-308011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
4Employee/Owner

Seems legit to me.

AUTHOR: Luke - (Australia)

POSTED: Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I have dealt with Kevin a few times by phone and found him up front every time. He does not present as a slick sales man at all. I have demoed his software a few times online. 1 time we got no bets (read there were no betting opportunities) which shows me the demo is hardly "setup" to con someone. I had my radio going in the background to prove to myself the demo was live, which it was.

Ive played around with the idea of watching the smart money in almost real time and it does have merit. But like with anything it is a craft you need to learn.

Other similar companies possess a hard sales technique. The will pester you into buying then get angry when you "waste" their time if you dont go ahead with the purchase. I didnt buy Kevins software as I m pretty tied up with my options trading but he didnt harass me at all. The ball was left in my court and he never "chased" me to buy.

I still look into the software ever now and then, which is how I found this report, and see that it gets a bit of a bagging. I just wanted to step up and stick up for this guy who comes across as an honest busiessman with an interest in racing.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSTED: Thursday, February 14, 2008
IT IS JUST ME AND MY WIFE WHO WORK FOR MY COMPANY AND IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND WHAT IS EVEN MORE OF A JOKE IS THAT EVERY CLIENT KNOWS IT AND MANY HAVE TO BEEN TO OUR HOME TO BUY NOT LIKE YOU SCAMMERS ON THE GOLD COAST WITH YOUR 20K WEB SCRAPING RUBBISH AND GET RICH QUICK SPIEL HIDING BEHIND FALLYE LISTED DIRECTORS AND FACELESS OFFICES... HAHAHA THIS IS A LAUGH. I KNEW THE NEW WEBSITE WAS GOOD, I NEVER NEW IT WOULD CAUSE THIS MUCH EXCITEMENT! WOW AND ALL FROM THE SAME DAY... TE DAY THE NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED... AMAZING!! KEEP IT UP BECAUSE THE MORE YOU POST, YOU SOONER WE CAN GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS... NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU UNPLUG THE BACK OF YOUR MODEM TO RESET YOUR IP... THATS RIGHT... WE ALREADY KNOW WHO THIS IS COMING FROM... JUST A LITTLE MORE PROOF AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN COURT.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

butter would not melt in your mouth gold coast conman would it

AUTHOR: Scam Buster - (Australia)

POSTED: Thursday, February 14, 2008
I used to work for you and the smooth slick sales guise fools no one anymore, you method of at first sweet talking then abusive phone calls and then outright threats shows everywhere and is well known and not really any question as to why "race man" might not use his real name, everyone that is reading this will see that you have tried to shift the finger but we all know what and where you come from and leopards don't change there spots, gold coast conman.
You know how many people you have caused suffering and heartbreak too.
How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Blatant Mis-Information And Slander

POSTED: Thursday, February 14, 2008
It is unfortunate that again somebody has found it necessary to to try and drag us down to the slime pit in which in they live by attempting to insinuate we have ever or will ever tell ANYBODY about the riches or other fortunes or glamour they may attract through the use of our software. As stated even on or own site MANY times, not all have an equal chance of making money with ANY 'tool' of this kind in ANY speculative market. We also have ONE client in QLD and I have never heard of any 'raceman' in Surfers Paradise but of course, that's where most mongrel rip off companies are and their owners.

We don't have to lie or make claims about how good our product is... it sells itself by way of so many factors... the group chats that ALL clients are a part of, the new open chat forums on our website where the community is growing and it sells itself because when people see it who are genuinely interested in it and know what they are looking for, they know it is the very best out there. Lastly, THE SUPPORT FROM OUR CLIENTS IS OVERWHELMING BECAUSE THEY ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE DO FOR THEM AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO HUNT PEOPLE DOWN THAT ARE TOO BROKE TO AFFORD IT OR NOT THE RIGHT KIND OF PERSON IN ANY WAY, BUT THEN TOLD THIS WILL BE THEIR SAVIOUR!!

I do find it most strange that this post has been made after the release of our new product which will have a huge affect on the competition and also our new website which was launched late last week. I assume you ARE a competitor who has found this a last ditch effort to do us harm as with so many of these posts and has been seen too many times on various forums. It won't happen and I guarantee that.

To be most frank, I doubt anyone reading this won't see that it has absolutely no substance and if there is any doubt then please by all means check with The Dept Of Fair Trading and speak to everyone of our clients if you have to. We do not have any clients n Tweed Heads. We have however had recent enquiries from Tweed Heads who we know to be a competitor and with that added information I thank you both for being so dumb. Those reading this, I encourage you to get in touch and try to speak to the people who have made these posts and then call us for our lawyers details who will inform you of every recorded client we have and see just how much substance this really has. He will also of course like to know who they are and i due course we will find out.

Our member base is small, select and incredibly strong and loyal. That you can never touch and never will. Whirlpool, Cyberhorse and NOW the infamous ripoffreport. When will it end? When will you grow up?

The bottom line is this. The business is run in a such a way that we shine above an otherwise tarnished industry. We work ten times harder than anyone out there to please our clients. If anyone is perusing our product of thinking of doing so, talk to our clients, look at how we do things and how transparent we are. GEEEEEEEzzz! To the two posts, you have been forwarded to the appropriate authorities.

The other post I refer to is a reply to the one about Dept' Fair Trading. It was replied to within minutes of this original post and they both just joined at the same time!!! WOW! They must be psychic!!

Go Figure!

Kevin Riddell
Director
www.Bettortrader.com
you all have my numbers LOL