X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jermaine — CA San Diego United States
  • Bird Rides, Inc. Venice, California United States

Bird Rides, Inc. Bird Bird Scooter Bird Scooters Bird Rides Travis VanderZanden Evil Company Exploits Independent Contractors, Uncompensated Injuries, Unsafe Work Conditions, Pay Well Under Minimum Wage Venice California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

The following review was posted by myself on Glassdoor.com, but Glassdoor allowed Bird Rides, Inc. to pay to have the review buried. Bird Rides, Inc. also posted a fake 5-star review of the Company immediately thereafter. Try removing this, c**suckers!

No background check. No drug test. Pay same day. (Attracts crackheads and scum of the earth as your co-workers.) Until July 5, 2018, my average pay per Bird scooter charged was $7. On July 5, 2018, they dropped the payout to $5 per Bird charged. I have to go and (sometimes literally) fight with other chargers on Bird's "bounty" system to get a scooter, hope that it doesn't lock-up on me on the way home (thereby injuring my legs as the 90-pound scooter swings around, penetrating into my skin with its metal kickstand). Does that earn me my $5? NOPE!

Next, (after using your own power to charge them for 5 hours each) they require that you wake up at 4 AM to compete with other chargers ONCE AGAIN for "nests" to release your Birds into... in HOPES that you will get paid your measly 5 bucks!!!

No in-person or phone support when you need help (for example, you go and bring home a Bird that won't charge and want to know what to do) and the online chat reps will often ignore your messages for 12 hours or even indefinitely. My most recent messages haven't been replied to in over 55 hours!!

Bird Rides, Inc. has honestly COST me WAAAAAY more (financially, and otherwise) than I've got from them. I have no respect for a Company that has no respect for me. This Company does not give 2 (BLEEPS) about the people out there on the street working for them. BLEEP them!

I would say "don't bite the hand(s) that feed you", but you wouldn't listen. So, just close your doors. Lime is going to eat you for breakfast, anyway.

UPDATE SINCE GLASSDOOR REVIEW: Bird has now taken their abuse of their contractors even further, stopping all of the scooters from unlocking (and being able to be unlocked) once they are "captured" by a charger. This is a serious cause of serious injury, and is a big F-you to ehir already screwed-ver charger base. Rot in hell, Bird Rides, Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2018 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bird-rides-inc/venice-california/bird-rides-inc-bird-bird-scooter-bird-scooters-bird-rides-travis-vanderzanden-evil-compa-1453877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair