Complaint Review: BPS Home Improvement - Long Beach California

• BPS Home Improvement
    34587 E. Wilshire Road
    Long Beach, California
    United States of America

BPS Home Improvement Asked for money upfront, never showed up to do the work. Wouln'dt return phone calls. Long Beach, California

BPS Home Improvement of Long Beach is a rip-off!

My wife and I needed some home improvements done to our home.  I contacted BPS Home Improvement for a quote.  After many quotes, BPS was the lowest price...Now I know why...  Jason Bigalow, the owner of BPS, informed me he needed 50% upfront, before they began any work.  I gave him a check and was told they would begin work in 2 weeks.  3 weeks later I called Jason to see when they were going to start.  No answer.  6 weeks and numerous un-returned phone calls went by and still no word from BPS or Jason.  I then hired an attorney.  He told me he could not find any Jason Bigalow or BPS Home Improvement, so I could not file a suit against him.

All I want you people to know when hiring a contractor is to do your homework.  Research the contractor to make sure they are licenced and insured with the state you live in.  Don't make the same mistake I made!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bps-home-improvement/long-beach-california-90809/bps-home-improvement-asked-for-money-upfront-never-showed-up-to-do-the-work-woulndt-r-717968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content