Complaint Review: Breg Orthopedic Products - Nationwide

• Breg Orthopedic Products

Nationwide
    USA

Breg Orthopedic Products Such a HUGE Ripoff !! Nationwide

After reinjuring my meniscus, my ortho brought a Breg knee support into the exam room and put this brace on my leg to help with buckling until PT and/or surgery completed. Only need it during certain times when my knee is weak, not continually. I remember wondering if this would be covered by my insurance, but was sure it wouldn't cost more than $100.00 or the doctor would not have just put on me without verifying I could afford it. Wrong!! Got a bill last week. Breg charged my insurance $900.00 for this contraption!!

Insurance approved paid $85.00  and BREG is wanting $380.00 from me. I couldn't believe it. Such a HUGE rip-off.  I now see The Brace Shop has the exact same brace for $123.00. Its website says your save 58% of cost, normally $253.00!  This is a huge insurance scam by Breg and I advise everyone to NOT accept any type of orthotic from your physician until you have done your research. You absolutely will be able to find a MUCH more affordable applicance at your local drug or sports stores or via online.  I am DIGUSTED!!  And their first bill is very demanding of payment. They must have a LOT of disgruntled and/or stuggling people who take their time to pay their outrageous bills.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2016 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/breg-orthopedic-products/nationwide/breg-orthopedic-products-such-a-huge-ripoff-nationwide-1330760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content