Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: BroadStone Dunwoody APts - Dunwoody Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: ATLANTA Georgia
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • BroadStone Dunwoody APts 2311 Dunwoody Crossing Dunwoody, Georgia U.S.A.

BroadStone Dunwoody APts MGMT UNFAIR TREATMENT & PITBULLS ON PROPERTY ARE UNACCEPTABLE Dunwoody Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: This resident was evicted for non-payment

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

HERE IS SOME EXAMPLES OF THE MISHANDLING AND IMPROPER TREATMENT OF TENANTS FROM BROADSTONE DUNWOODY APT. STILL NO REPLY FROM ALLIANCE RESIDENTIAL THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MISTREATMENT AND SAFETY OF THEIRE TENANTS AND PIT BULLS DON"T RENT HERE EVER!!!!!!!

I am forwarding this letter to you in hopes that I can not be punished as I have been in the past for pointing out the unlawful practices at BroadStone At Dunwoody Apts.I have been corresponding by letter and via phone and email with your past mgmt regarding the infested population of Pit Bulls on the Property of BroadStone At Dunwoody. I moved in November 2007 and started corresponding in late December 2007 about the Pit Bulls.

However, 9 months later, nothing has been done about them being at the pool, mailboxes, trail walks, and recently without leashes. I had tried to reach each mgmt and just last month tried to even in the spirit of cooperation contact Ms. Franzi. I came in the office several times and called to try to schedule an appointment to meet with her regarding this matter due to the fact that one had even chased my seven year old son. Ms. Franzi walked right passed me at least 3 times. I tried to speak with her and she just rolled her eyes at me and did not acknowledge me at all. The staff even tol d her on several occasions that I was in the lobby and she still till this day has not made any attempt to speak with me personally.

I sent her letters and emails and she responded with no accountability about what is happening here at BroadStone At Dunwoody Apts. Ms. Franzi has even tried to get me evicted and has misplaced my Certified check for rent last Monday. Till this day, I have not received credit or has it been returned to me. Ms. Franzi walks around the office with a very nonchalant and cold demeanor. I did not do anything to be treated this way. I believe Ms. Franzi is trying to silence my concerns and not address my issues. She has sent me 3 conflicting rent due amounts and as of last Wednesday, August 13, 2008 I was finally given a true amount. Again, I have not received word of my certified check which I have the receipt for to have been posted to my account. I am not giving up on Alliance, but I do want you to know what is going on here at the property. I have requested that I be relocated to another unit on property or at another Alliance Property. I as good mot her cannot stay at this unit due to the past and present encounters. Unfortunately, living in the far back and last building of BroadStone is very undesirable and is not worth the amount of rent that I am paying to live in a hazardous and Pit Bull environment. Please help us here at BroadsStone and help.

I am writing you again in hopes that you may truly care about what is really going on at BroadStone Of Dunwoody Apts.

I spoke with Heather in the office today and only asked for what I feel is my rights as a tenant to have a letter stating that I am not accuring any late fees as the result of the mishandling of the cashier's check that was sent back to me and sent to another address.

I have been really patient and trying to really give Alliance and BroadStone OF Dunwoody the benefit of the doubt. I only asked to be respected just as you have requested that all tenants respond via letter when corresponding with Property. However, I have been told to never come in the property office again and to set foot inside not even to pay rent.

What have I done that deserved this treatment? I am only asking for what is fair and just as a tenant and citizen. I really believe again that this is an unacceptable action to treat me this way. Monica and Heather really do need to know how to interact with all tenants of all nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.
really do believe that I Monica and now even Heather are trying to drive me away and invoke havoc and revenge against me for contacting you and Alliance Mgmt.

I in no way asked or spoke to Heather in a way to warrant such actions as displayed today. I feel that I am being targeted and picked on for just bringing to Alliances attention of illegal dogs and repeated months of these well known acts.

Why should I be quiet and just sit back and let these beutiful apartments turn into a shamble and discrace? I will not be silence for being a great tenant and contacting you and others to bring to the attention of such improper management.

I am not going to be bullied or ran off and scared away from renting with Alliance. I still respect your other properties but I am truly disappointed with the management for trying to not handle all the proven allegations to the standard of a great property. When my lease is up, I do plan on moving.

I am requesting that someone other than the management contact me in writing and via phone regarding my proven alligations of the following:
1.Lost Cashier Check (From Monica Franzi which was sent to another address over 3 weeks ago
to ensure no other late fees will be incurred)
2. A step that will ensure my child and I safety from the numerous Pitbull illegal breed while walking and jogging in the complex.(I have waited over 9 months to have this addressed properly)

I asked Heather weeks ago on how to respond and she said verbally to just wait for certified check and everything would be okay and no litigations and negative actions would occur as the result of the lost certified check. I requested that a letter be provided to me stating Broadstone Apts. would not attach late fees due to this unforeseen mishap. I am not trying to focusing on the initial blame, oversights, wrong doings, false statements about me cursing, mistreatment and miscommunication on behalf of Monica Franzi and Heather Holtr op. I am in good faith as stated in all letters, trying to move to a resolution. That is why I suggested investigation/ Fair Housing/Arbitration to move past this. I am and always have been an upstanding tenant with integrity who believes in compliance and adherence of laws and covenants in my apartment community and nation.

I am contacting you again in response to the recent letter, Today, Sept 1, 2008 approx 11 am. Again, it was only verbally conveyed to me by Heather Holtrop in the office on August 25, 2008, to make a request to stop pay on the Cashier Check. I am supplying the copy of the place hold Document and re-issuing of the check. There is a 90 day place hold per WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK.

Great American Citizen
ATLANTA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/broadstone-dunwoody-apts/dunwoody-georgia-30338/broadstone-dunwoody-apts-mgmt-unfair-treatment-pitbulls-on-property-are-unacceptable-du-371362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This resident was evicted for non-payment

AUTHOR: Broadstone Dunwoody Mgmt - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There are two sides to every story and unfortunately this person portrayed Broadstone Dunwoody in a untru way. Depsite many attempts to have this posting removed for slanderous comments, our attorneys were unsuccessful.

Here is what happened: This resident attempted to make a partial payment for her rent AFTER it was due. Rent is due on the first and late on the 3rd. She attempted to pay about half. She dropped off a certified check to the leasing office. Since the check was a partial payment and the Lease Contract does not allow partial payments we called this resident to pick up her check. She did not respond. We sent her a letter to pick it up and if she did not pick it up we would mail it back to her. Three days later it was mailed back to her via certified mail. The postal service never returned the letter as unclaimed.

In the meantime this resident called every office in Atlanta to complain about pit bulls as the reason for her not paying her rent. There may have been a pit bull or two on the property, however unless management knows in which apartment the animal resides our hands are tied. Once we discover who has the unauthorized animal we contact that resident individually. This property has three Dekalb County police officers who live on site not to mention there were over ten employees who live here if there was a problem with vicious animals one of these individuals would have brought it to the attention of the management.

Back to the rent issue with this resident. The next month this resident made NO attempt to pay her rent. Late fees were assessed per the Lease Agreement and at the advice of our attorney we filed for an eviction. At this point she had not paid rent for 2 months. She claims the certified check was lost in the mail, however the mailman has proof it was delivered back to her.

By the time we got to court this resident owed THREE months rent. She had made no effort to pay anything. Before the court date at the advice of our attorney we inspected the apartment. This resident had skipped out in the middle of the night violating her lease agreement. The apartment was left unclean but undamaged. We went to court and she was present. Important to note is that she had the cashiers check with her. The check she claims was stolen and the reason she could not pay her rent. She agreed with our attorney and the courts to return her keys within 72 hours. She did not abide by her word or her signed agreement with the court.

Her deposit was applied to a portion of her balance and she made a payment agreement with the court to pay the remainder of the balance she owed Broadstone Dunwoody. This resident failed to uphold the agreement and her account has been forwarded to a collection agency. Broadstone Dunwoody has obtained a judgment against this resident as a result of her failure to uphold the terms of the lease agreement.

Alliance Residential, Broadstone Dunwoody, Monica Franzi and Heather Holtrop were simply upholding the terms of the Lease Agreement that this resident signed and agreed to upon moving to this apartment community. When she was unable to pay she created "reasons" and harassed the staff. This resident became so beligerent with the entire staff she was removed from the office by Dekalb Police. This resident claims to be a victim of the big bad landlord when in essence she is the one to blame for her situation.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair