X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Buckeye Protective Services - Canton Ohio

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alliance Ohio
  • Buckeye Protective Services 6th Streest SW Canton, Ohio U.S.A.

I was also a victem of the "Not In The Gang" type abuse If your not in the click and BROWN NOSE your out. When I first started with the company I was treated well. TIme went by and I automaticly did not get along with JIM. After that I was taken out my site wich was about 10 minutes away from my place of residence and placed in a post an hour and half away. Since they saw I didn't back out due to the distance I was cut from 40 to 16 hours a week. Some of these security companys are a joke they promise promise and promise but when its time to come through they'll drop you and not give a d**n. I must say though John Howard was a really nice Gent.! If Buckeye did not have Jim as an employee there that buisness would be much better!!!!

Dark
Alliance, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2006 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/buckeye-protective-services/canton-ohio-44672/buckeye-protective-services-ripoff-canton-ohio-209773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

POSTED: Wednesday, February 18, 2009
In response to the negative postings about Buckeye Protective I don't feel that it is a fair assessment of the company. I previously worked there on and off, full time and part time for about 5 years. I was never treated poorly by anyone there. I never witnessed anyone else being treated in any negative manner during the time I worked in the dispatching office or at a post. The company did me a favor when I gained other full time employment by letting me still work there for supplemental income. I would still be there had I not relocated. Buckeye stands by their employees and clients alike.

It's my experience that all of the senior management at Buckeye are professional, fair and have a wealth of knowledge in their field... Jim included.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE ALSO YOUR GENDER,RACE,ETHNICITY,RELIGION,COLOR,AGE

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, January 22, 2009
"ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING ALL OF THE TIME " and you won't get in trouble?

YEAH,RIGHT!

Young, ripped white guys with blonde hair and blue eyes can get away with a LOT more stuff that women, African Americans, Mexican Americans, Latinos in general,darker complected people and younger people get preferential treatment over older people in MOST cases --in a vast majority of the cases actually.

I rather miss the days when the client could say PLEASE ONLY PUT YOUNG WHITE GUYS HERE TO PROTECT MY PROPERTY because then there would be none of this backstabbing, career wrecking, set them up for failure, hostile work environment, frame ups, sabotage and all of the other sneaky,lies, fake disclipinary reports dumb and stupid things to try to get RID of the "LESS DESIREABLE" people --- like me.

All clients, security guard contracting companies are supposed to use the EEOC criteria in their hiring --whether they LIKE it or not --and EVERYBODY is supposed to be treated and paid EQUALLY!

IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY IN REAL LIFE AND I HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN MY MULTICULTURAL, DIVERSE FAMILY ranging all the way from a guy who could pass for an African KING all the way through Johnny Whitebread and we get together and we compare notes!

THERE IS A VICIOUS DISCRIMINATION AND even HATRED against women and African Americans especially in private security and I wish I knew WHY!

It is BAD all over but PARTICULIARLY in the SOUTHERN UNITED STATES AND THE SOUTHWEST AS WELL.

THAT IS JUST HOW IT IS.

B.S Posting

AUTHOR: Cptchris - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 17, 2009
As a 25yr Armed Officer of the Company I can attest to the high standards and Expectations. IF a Smuckers Guard is removed, its because They were POSITIVELY doing something outside the regulations. People seem to think that this industry is for everyone and its not. Do the right thing ALL the time and you wont be mistreated. John Howard is known for standing up for his officers if they are accused of something and they didnt do it.

Same Old Song - Different Verse!

AUTHOR: Helene - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, November 30, 2006
Welcome to the wonderful world of contract security.

This is how it works.

Too bad for people stupid enough to work for a two-bit company like this one. I usually call these types of places a Mom and Pop two-bit shop. In your case, was it TWO Pop and Pop operation and maybe one POP got jealous of you??????

Or it could be that they started the company because they like men in uniform...
And didn't know how to run the financial end of things...

And they began to lose accounts and business and ran out of hours for you to work so they HAD to let you go...

Old security guard axiom: "There is NO security in security!"

Another old Security guard axiom:"If a security company owner can find a way to (expletive) his people out of their hard-earned money, he will!"

Sorry this happened to you, dude.
Learn another trade and make a living.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair