Complaint Review: Candelabra

USA

shopcandelabra.com Warning: Deceptive Business Practices Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Candelabra

Warning:  Deceptive Business Practices

Lured by a professional website, I ordered a pillow from this company.  I contacted them to return it as the color did not work.  I was currently informed that this company does not except returns on textiles.  Stunned I said that's not possible and was told that it was clearly stated on their website under terms and conditions.

I am a frequent online shopper for home and decor items.  No reputable retailer refuses to except returns of merchandise of this sort, unless it's a special order.  When an item is not returnable a reputable retailer states that via a clear statement that it is a Final Sale or a clear statement that the items are not returnable.  Reliance on the small print is a sign of dishonesty and a desire to take advantaage of consumers.

I researched this company and found years of similar complaints against them.  When customers report the same issue for years a reputable retailer will make sure to correct those issues.  This company does not follow industry standards or norms.  Despite years of complaints they continue to operate in manner that says they intend to deceive.  I am thankful I am only out $69.00.  I want others to be warned about this retailer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2017 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/candelabra/internet/shopcandelabracom-warning-deceptive-business-practices-internet-1403865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Candelabra

AUTHOR: Ann - (United States)

Candelabra is a reputable company and our goal is never to mislead the customer. Prior to checkout, our website notates to review the terms and conditions before purchasing. These terms and conditions state that while some products are returnable, textiles such as pillows are not eligible for return. These policies are there to protect everyone involved, including the customer. Textiles cannot be returned due to hygienic reasons. We unfortunately do not have the resources to clean products if they are returned damaged or in substandard condition. We must also adhere to the guidelines of the brands we represent.

Further explanation of our return policies can be found at the bottom of our website’s homepage. We also welcome any phone calls regarding specific product questions prior to placing an order. We do not take advantage of our customers and have over 3,000 positive reviews on Shopper Approved to back this up. Reviews can be found at shopperapproved.com/reviews/shopcandelabra.com/ and our customer service representatives can be reached at 1-800-440-5121.